FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Door panels

My VIN:    16563

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    How are you securing it inside the door? Do all doors have a place to secure the strap inside? I was wondering if the strap will be trying to deform the panel.
    It is secured by a bolt that goes through it and in to the door itself. There is no strain on the door panel itself.
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I would guess the handle is placed where it is so you close the door evenly and aligned instead of from one side where it may be misaligned, like trying to close the door from the outside by pushing down on the mirror.
    The later style integrated door pull strap places it in the center of the hinges and makes the door shut much nicer. Using the handle makes the door slightly twist and fight you on the way down.

I added the integrated door pull straps into my early 81 for this reason.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880
    Modifications done to my car can be seen in this video: https://youtu.be/ncMjW2pI2e4

My VIN:    4328

Is the mounting spot for the bolt already in there or did you have to modify it somehow to bolt it in? Do you have any pics of the install by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    Is the mounting spot for the bolt already in there or did you have to modify it somehow to bolt it in? Do you have any pics of the install by chance?
    This link may help. It has pictures of how it is installed and also Dave posted a PDF on how to convert earlier doors to the integrated pull strap ones. He does note that there is an error in the PDF stating that the screws are 3mm and not 4mm.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...placement-HELP

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    This link may help. It has pictures of how it is installed and also Dave posted a PDF on how to convert earlier doors to the integrated pull strap ones. He does note that there is an error in the PDF stating that the screws are 3mm and not 4mm.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...placement-HELP
    Good link! I guess this is in my future. Is the strap any differnt? (Besides the ring) Can I just cut off the ring and it will work or does it require a longer strap?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2