FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI with Peugeot 604 manifold (fuel only)

EFI with Peugeot 604 manifold (fuel only)

I’m planning to do an EFI conversion on my 2.8 engine with a Peugeot 604 carb manifold. Fuel only (for now) controlled by megasquirt , keeping stock distributor and ignition ecu. Where do I get the vacuum advance for the distributor?

My VIN:    4087

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_hd02 View Post
    I’m planning to do an EFI conversion on my 2.8 engine with a Peugeot 604 carb manifold. Fuel only (for now) controlled by megasquirt , keeping stock distributor and ignition ecu. Where do I get the vacuum advance for the distributor?
    Interested to follow this. Are you going for something like this?

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/us/webc...ors-webatb400/

EFI with carb manifold

Not quite. I'll be using a Jeep 4.0 throttle body with a fabricated elbow to attach the throttle body to the carb manifold.
    It will be very similar to SpittyBug setup.
    TPS and throttle ports.jpgPeugot Manifold002.jpg
    I found these pictures on SpittyBug's EFI conversion post.

My VIN:    10270

I'm guessing that Jeep TB doesn't have a ported vacuum connection like original?

If not, and if you're using TPS, you could connect the stock solenoid to an unused Megasquirt output and open it around 3-5% throttle.

If you do use this approach, the OEM solenoid is electrically noisy and need one of the factory filter capacitors to be installed or a flyback diode.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

The Jeep throttle body only has a manifold vacuum port, which is used for the MAP sensor that is attached to the TB. No ported vacuum.
    Correct me if I’m wrong: I assume that the stock vacuum solenoid is connected to manifold vacuum, and it is normally closed, and opens when voltage is applied to the terminals.

My VIN:    03572

The Jeep throttle body only has a manifold vacuum port, which is used for the MAP sensor that is attached to the TB. No ported vacuum.
    Correct me if I’m wrong: I assume that the stock vacuum solenoid is connected to manifold vacuum, and it is normally closed, and opens when voltage is applied to the terminals.
    The stock vacuum solenoid passes vacuum to advance when not powered. Power turns it off.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Thanks Dave,
    Basically I need a solenoid that does exactly the opposite of the stock one, or send power to the stock vacuum solenoid at idle only.
    This will only be a temporary solution until I get the distributor hooked up to the megasquirt.
    Last edited by Tom_hd02; 05-13-2021 at 12:16 PM.

My VIN:    10270

Thanks Dave,
    Basically I need a solenoid that does exactly the opposite of the stock one, or send power to the stock vacuum solenoid at idle only.
    You can do this in your programmable outputs using TPS as a condition.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Thanks Dave,
    This will only be a temporary solution until I get the distributor hooked up to the megasquirt.
    Like Luke said, get rid of the solenoid entirely. Use your I/O

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    03572

Thanks Dave,
    Come to think of it, you may be able to hose it up to the other port and get it to work as you need. Not sure if it would vent that way though. In normal operation on the advance side after it switches the vacuum off it vents so the advance is released.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast