FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Nissan trottle bodys on a Delorean

  1. #1
    EFI Squirted DARCOM's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  San Antonio TX

    Posts:    90

    My VIN:    2942

    Nissan trottle bodys on a Delorean

    I put Nissan throttle bodies on my DeLorean last year and thought I would post a few pics. I also made fresh new fuel rails.
    While I was at it I also changed all my fuel hoses to braded nylon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4py...nnel=darcom111
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DARCOM; 05-20-2021 at 07:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    8,235

    My VIN:    03572

    I like that setup because is removes the intake and W pipe. Was it hard to match mixture on both banks?
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  3. #3
    Senior Member powerline84's Avatar
    Join Date:  Mar 2015

    Location:  TN

    Posts:    763

    My VIN:    2706

    I like it. Cool set up bro

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    564

    Definitely a very clean looking setup. Looks easier to work on. Is it running as good or better than stock?

  5. #5
    EFI Squirted DARCOM's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  San Antonio TX

    Posts:    90

    My VIN:    2942

    Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Definitely a very clean looking setup. Looks easier to work on. Is it running as good or better than stock?
    I have been EFI for 13 or so years. Its was a night and day difference when I switched to EFI but my stock FI was not doing well at the time.
    It has ran great ever sense the switch and im always trying to tweak it to get a little more ummmff out of it. Adjustability of the timing was to me
    the thing that made it snappy and responsive over stock and the new throttle bodies just added to it. I need to dyno it again to see what it does now.

  6. #6
    EFI Squirted DARCOM's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  San Antonio TX

    Posts:    90

    My VIN:    2942

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I like that setup because is removes the intake and W pipe. Was it hard to match mixture on both banks?
    I would have to test that. Right now I run the stock exhaust and would have to separate them and put 2 o2 sensors to check.
    I did check the exhaust idle and multiple rpm with a temp gun and a FLIR and they were around the same temp.
    Also they look like they have separate air in, but the IAC routed to the stock location should balance it.

  7. #7
    EFI Squirted DARCOM's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  San Antonio TX

    Posts:    90

    My VIN:    2942

    Here is a pic of the IAC routing.
    Attached Images

  8. #8
    Member D001264's Avatar
    Join Date:  Sep 2020

    Location:  Prior Lake, MN

    Posts:    33

    Interested in hearing more about your ignition setup

    Quote Originally Posted by DARCOM View Post
    I have been EFI for 13 or so years. Its was a night and day difference when I switched to EFI but my stock FI was not doing well at the time.
    It has ran great ever sense the switch and im always trying to tweak it to get a little more ummmff out of it. Adjustability of the timing was to me
    the thing that made it snappy and responsive over stock and the new throttle bodies just added to it. I need to dyno it again to see what it does now.
    Yes looks very nice! Interested in what you are doing for ignition and modifications to the stock timing.
    Thanks for sharing your project!

  9. #9
    EFI Squirted DARCOM's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  San Antonio TX

    Posts:    90

    My VIN:    2942

    Here is the megasquirt ignition setup I run now and for the past 13 or so years.
    I have a few timing profiles. Last week I just freshened all my timing stuff and made sure the crank said the same as the megasquirt as it changed a few deg over the years..
    Attached Images

  10. #10
    Senior Member AdmiralSenn's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    443

    Awesome! I always wanted to try something like this. Neat to see it done and done well by the O.G. EFI wizard.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •