FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Trying to adjust Eibach - rear ride height

Trying to adjust Eibach - rear ride height

Here’s a photo of what it looks like. What is weird is there’s only one ring on the bottom. When I look up tutorials for adjustable coil overs there’s always a locking ring under the other ring. I have spring compressor is on compressing it a little bit and I can turn the red ring. It’s not really hard but it’s also not easy and I don’t know what keeps it in the place so I want to ask somebody before I mess up the threads. I did notice that there is this little plastic looking white flat head screw thing on the side of the ring. You can see it in the picture. Could there be like a locking screw under that or some thing? Does anybody know or should I just keep cranking away?
    Attached Images
    81' gas flap. Sept build. 14k miles. Mostly original. Updating things...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Those look like AVO's. The white nylon screw loosens to allow you to adjust the height. Once the height is set, you'll tighten the set screw.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Those look like AVO's. The white nylon screw loosens to allow you to adjust the height. Once the height is set, you'll tighten the set screw.

Agreed. Here is what the set screw looks like:

(I was missing the white nylon ring in this picture but it clearly shows the set screw)
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

If I want to raise the back in by 1 inch does that mean I turn the adjuster ring so it’s exactly 1 inch higher than it used to be or is there a different ratio from effective height change to turning the adjustment ring? Thank you
    81' gas flap. Sept build. 14k miles. Mostly original. Updating things...

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquall View Post
    If I want to raise the back in by 1 inch does that mean I turn the adjuster ring so it’s exactly 1 inch higher than it used to be or is there a different ratio from effective height change to turning the adjustment ring? Thank you
    I just got done doing my fronts and that's pretty much how it worked out for me.

My VIN:    1054

Ride height for eibach avo

Is there a recommended minimum ride height for the rear shocks? What are the general ride heights people are setting?

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdnewman27 View Post
    Is there a recommended minimum ride height for the rear shocks? What are the general ride heights people are setting?
    There's no factory recommendation for the rear height since it was non-adjustable, of course.

Keep in mind that lowering the rear below stock ride height creates negative camber that's out of spec if you go very far on that. This can be corrected with adjustable lower links or adj. lower and upper links. And you'll want to check/adjust the rear toe, too.

What are people running? I moved to Eibach springs with adjustable rear shocks in 2010. I set mine so the front and rear ride heights, as measured at the crossmembers, are the same. In other words the rear shocks are adjusted so the rear ride height matches the (fixed) front height.

That height in my case works out to be just a bit under 5.5 in. which happens to be the front ride height called for in ST-34-1/82 (SUSPENSION ALIGNMENT - FRONT AND REAR). I installed adj lower links at the same time to get the rear camber in spec. This setup has worked just fine.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior