FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recommendations on an enclosed trailer transport co?

My VIN:    Coming, hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    If I got my car shipped it would have been along a not so main route so it was looking like 2-3k to ship from Mississippi to Massachusetts. I didn’t wanna spend the extra money to ship so I just flew to it and drove it home instead. Best fucking experience I’ve had to date!
    Thanks for the suggestion!!. It really is a cool idea- and I would do it- but the car is mint condition and has been garaged and in the arid southwest most of its life. Wouldnt want rock chips or drive in the rain. Im a bit of a maniac when it comes keeping cars mint. Plus putting 1.6k miles on it and the chance it could break down. I cause myself more mental distress and aging trying to keep my cars from deteriorating. Thank you again =)

My VIN:    4328

Quote Originally Posted by 84Impulse View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion!!. It really is a cool idea- and I would do it- but the car is mint condition and has been garaged and in the arid southwest most of its life. Wouldnt want rock chips or drive in the rain. Im a bit of a maniac when it comes keeping cars mint. Plus putting 1.6k miles on it and the chance it could break down. I cause myself more mental distress and aging trying to keep my cars from deteriorating. Thank you again =)
    I hear ya, kinda. I didn't buy my car to be a garage queen or keep it low miles for the next person. I bought it to drive it and be seen driving it. Mine was kept in a museum for the past 28 years. The more the car just sits and is not run, the more problems you will have with it when you do actually go to drive it. It is a car, that was meant to be driven, so why not drive it? Otherwise I'd just get a 1/18 scale model of it and put it on my shelf to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    I hear ya, kinda. I didn't buy my car to be a garage queen or keep it low miles for the next person. I bought it to drive it and be seen driving it. Mine was kept in a museum for the past 28 years. The more the car just sits and is not run, the more problems you will have with it when you do actually go to drive it. It is a car, that was meant to be driven, so why not drive it? Otherwise I'd just get a 1/18 scale model of it and put it on my shelf to look at.
    Hey man, I agree with you! No garage queens here. I drive my cars often but only when dry out, and never on highways or where they can be pelted w rocks!! hope you're keeping it in nicenshape tho

My VIN:    Yes.

At the other end of the scale, although the project car "runs, drives, stops", it has clear electrical issues, no A/C and who knows what else wrong. Driving it more than a few miles would be foolish - certainly not across the state and definitely not a multi-day trip cross country. Shipping was the right thing do, even if "expensive".

Yesterday, I drove across PA (and back!), and the number of car carriers I spotted was extraordinary. Mostly late model of course, but a couple of classics (and probably a lot more in closed carries I didn't know about). Demand seems to be through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    At the other end of the scale, although the project car "runs, drives, stops", it has clear electrical issues, no A/C and who knows what else wrong. Driving it more than a few miles would be foolish - certainly not across the state and definitely not a multi-day trip cross country. Shipping was the right thing do, even if "expensive".

Yesterday, I drove across PA (and back!), and the number of car carriers I spotted was extraordinary. Mostly late model of course, but a couple of classics (and probably a lot more in closed carries I didn't know about). Demand seems to be through the roof.
    Agree! asking for trouble buying, then driving the thing home.

Not sure whats up w the carriers everywhere. Perhaps ppl held off buying during the plandemic, and now the dam gates are a burstin!

My VIN:    Yes.

Car arrived today. I'll go into detail another time, but definitely watch how much fuel is in the car. For ship transport, the tank had to be emptied below 1/4 of a
    tank. I think it ended up even lower than that. The transport guy had trouble starting the car on the significant slope of the trailer, and had to put it on
    flat ground first. When I drove it home, the low gas light was on.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Car arrived today. I'll go into detail another time, but definitely watch how much fuel is in the car. For ship transport, the tank had to be emptied below 1/4 of a
    tank. I think it ended up even lower than that. The transport guy had trouble starting the car on the significant slope of the trailer, and had to put it on
    flat ground first. When I drove it home, the low gas light was on.
    Congrats Mr. C!!! Please create a thread with lots of pics. Very Excited for you.
    Will def watch gas level!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2