FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean 40th Anniversary Event at the Woodward Dream Cruise August 21, 2021

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

DeLorean 40th Anniversary Event at the Woodward Dream Cruise August 21, 2021

With today marking the re-opening of the State of Michigan (with no restrictions), it seems like a great time
    to announce the DeLorean 40th Anniversary at the Woodward Dream Cruise 2021 on August 20-21, 2021.

The DeLorean Midwest Connection club and DeLorean Motor City club are teaming up with other DeLorean
    clubs to celebrate 40 years since production of the DeLorean automobile began in Northern Ireland in 1981.

Byron is finalizing the details for our DeLorean display that will be in front of the Desmond Funeral Home on
    Woodward Avenue, right where we displayed our DeLoreans at the wake of JZD back in March of 2005.

I have been setting up advance interviews (and possibly a whole special segment) with WXYZ-TV in Detroit
    and WJBK-TV in Detroit, along with a few radio stations that cover the Cruise all day long (all week long).

If you would like to be part of this special DeLorean 40th Anniversary display at the Woodward Dream Cruise,
    with on-Woodward or off-Woodward parking, contact Byron through the club's website or FaceBook page.

We will display cars on Friday afternoon & evening, as well as all day on Saturday, when we are not cruising.
    We hope to see you at the DeLorean 40th Anniversary at the Woodward Dream Cruise 2021 on August 21.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

If Byron needs assistance he can always reach out to us at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/531552737655494/

and we will be glad to help.

Thank you.
    Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    If Byron needs assistance he can always reach out to us at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/531552737655494/

and we will be glad to help.

Thank you.
    Doug
    Hi Doug,

I still don’t “do” FaceBook, but some folks on the planning teams read and post to FB.

Byron does have a band, but I don’t think it’s the “same old song and dance” for him.
    Probably best to try to contact him directly, if you want to get involved in his event.

The DCS social media guys did point out a few FB posts about DCS that were incorrect,
    so I will correct them here, so there is no confusion with the incorrect FB posts.

Reference to DCS “always” being during Woodward Week is incorrect. DCS 2018 was
    the one and only time DCS had been in August (up until then) and it was the one and
    only time it has conflicted with Woodward. Several reasons were posted on this Forum,
    including avoiding conflicts with VIP schedules, such as Pebble Beach and Comic Con’s.

DCS has been historically every two years, on even years, except DCS 2009 in Vegas,
    so it certainly has not been every year, for the past two decades [through DCS 2018].

Reference to DCS (actually the DeLorean 40th Birthday Bash) and specifically conflicting
    with Woodward this year is also incorrect. It’s also not the same week, as stated on FB.

- DeLorean 40th Birthday Bash (with DMC Midwest Open House) - Aug. 12-15, 2021
    - Woodward Dream Cruise 2021 - (DeLorean 40th Anniversary) Saturday, Aug. 21, 2021

If you need any further clarification about DCS events, let me know and I will clarify.

If you need to know more about the Woodward DeLorean 40th Anniversary Display this
    year, you can contact Byron (MI club) or Shannon (Ohio club). Shannon was CC:’d on
    this year’s display, and I believe Byron had asked Shannon to copy the Ohio club to see
    if there was anyone who wanted to purchases spaces at Desmond's Funeral Home lot.

Feel free to stop by at Desmond's on either Friday afternoon or evening or on Saturday.

Thanks,
    Rich W.
    Last edited by Rich W; 06-25-2021 at 09:48 PM. Reason: fixed a few punctuation errors

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Definitely interested in meeting up on woodward!

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Attending

I'll definitely be there but without my car. August is going to be a great month for Delorean gatherings. Chicago then Woodward! Looking forward to it.
    Kirk

Looks like there may be one or two spaces left in the front row at Desmond’s
    for the Woodward Dream Cruise this week. Spaces are for Friday & Saturday.

Looking forward to talking to the press about the DeLorean 40th Anniversary.
    Don Sherman plans to attend and write an a article for Hagerty Car Magazine.

Also looking forward to sitting down for a while after DCS Lite 2021.

Hope to see some of you at Woodward.

My VIN:    10270

I'd like to try and meet up with the group. At the moment the DeLorean Motor City FB page is deactivated and the Midwest Connection group doesn't have anything listed. Just wondering what the schedule (if any) of events is to plan accordingly.
    I messaged Byron directly so we'll see!
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    I'd like to try and meet up with the group. At the moment the DeLorean Motor City FB page is deactivated and the Midwest Connection group doesn't have anything listed. Just wondering what the schedule (if any) of events is to plan accordingly.
    I messaged Byron directly so we'll see!
    Byron is taking the lead on this event. I can email him too.

Plan - meet and display, then drive on Woodward on Friday.

Meet with a few POGS for dinner on Friday evening.

Display and Drive on Woodward all day on Saturday.

Don Sherman said he may attend on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    <snip> I messaged Byron directly so we'll see!
    I spoke to Byron this morning.

If you need his cell number, email me or send me a PM.

Hope to see you at Woodward.

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

What's the location and time for meetup on Friday?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast