FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brake Light Staying On ***Split from WANTED Section***

My VIN:    2607

Brake Light Staying On ***Split from WANTED Section***

Hello. I have the opposite problem. The brake light won't go off. I already replaced the hand brake switch and nothing happened. I notice that the light flickers while on the road and stays on when stopped. Is it a wiring problem? Or maybe the sensor on the brake fluid reservoir got stuck?

Enviado desde mi SM-G996U1 mediante Tapatalk

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysony View Post
    Hello. I have the opposite problem. The brake light won't go off. I already replaced the hand brake switch and nothing happened. I notice that the light flickers while on the road and stays on when stopped. Is it a wiring problem? Or maybe the sensor on the brake fluid reservoir got stuck?

Unplug the sensor and see what happens...
    Last edited by Ron; 07-11-2021 at 03:59 AM. Reason: x

Ron, did you see the date? He probably fixed it by now.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

It was yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Ron, did you see the date? He probably fixed it by now.
    Your right. Jerry revived an older thread. I was responding to Jonathan not realizing his posts were 2014. Oh well. Just trying to be helpful. Ron's advise to Jerry should help him find the issue.

Jerry,
    Check to make sure your brake fluid level is OK. These symptoms could be a low level issue and that's a serious concern.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    Your right. Jerry revived an older thread. I was responding to Jonathan not realizing his posts were 2014. Oh well. Just trying to be helpful. Ron's advise to Jerry should help him find the issue.

Jerry,
    Check to make sure your brake fluid level is OK. These symptoms could be a low level issue and that's a serious concern.

Ron
    I've been burnt on the "revived thread" a number of times. Lol. In this case, you might have spurred him to finally fix it. Mine was giving me false low readings. All it took was removing the cap and playing with it. Now it seems to work fine. I think it might have been the luggage pushing down on the button.

Thank you for your advice. I unplugged the sensor and the light went off. Although I see the reservoir almost full, I'll refill it to the top and see how the sensor works.

By the way, I just noticed the sensor is missing the red cylinder and the metal disk ( could that be the reason of the false alarm?) maybe they've fallen apart and now they're floating inside the reservoir?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysony View Post
    By the way, I just noticed the sensor is missing the red cylinder and the metal disk ( could that be the reason of the false alarm?) maybe they've fallen apart and now they're floating inside the reservoir?

I would guess the purpose of the cylinder is to stop sloshing on the sensor. I think the metal disc is just to hold it down. It probably keeps the sensor float straight so the forces on the sensor are only vertical. That may very well be your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I would guess the purpose of the cylinder is to stop sloshing on the sensor. I think the metal disc is just to hold it down. It probably keeps the sensor float straight so the forces on the sensor are only vertical. That may very well be your problem.
    I think so too. I guess for now, the sensor will be unplugged and will frequently check the level. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast