FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: SPAL brushless fan

I see that the CFM test on the OEM fan went from 1320 to 1670. (Two differnt testing methods) I do believe the second method is better. Could you test the DPI fan the old way to see if the improvement is the same? If the numbers correspond than I could compute a CFM on the brushless fan.

Sorry Dave, I just saw the PM. Don't worry about the test. Thanks.
    Last edited by Helirich; 08-20-2021 at 10:56 AM.

My VIN:    3743

Digging up an old thread here but when I had my oem fans the temp gauge would drop quick and you could really hear the fans moving air. Since installing different fans that draw less power the fans do take more time to lower the temp. Is this normal?
    Matt
    Vin: 3743 Sept. 81 build
    Black interior, Automatic soon to be 5/Speed Converted

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by FLUX @88 View Post
    Digging up an old thread here but when I had my oem fans the temp gauge would drop quick and you could really hear the fans moving air. Since installing different fans that draw less power the fans do take more time to lower the temp. Is this normal?
    Same experience with OE fans & radiator. I now see a bit more time pass for coolant temp to drop down with new DMC radiator & DPI fans. FWIW this is now during hot S. FL summer - no experience in lower temps until we cool off here at the end of the year.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Same experience with OE fans & radiator. I now see a bit more time pass for coolant temp to drop down with new DMC radiator & DPI fans. FWIW this is now during hot S. FL summer - no experience in lower temps until we cool off here at the end of the year.
    Totally understand. I drive mine mostly in the cooler months after summer and temp gauge usually stays at first tick or a hair above and in the summer it?s always under 220 or in the middle of first tick and 220
    Matt

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I have DPNW fans with the original shroud, and they seem to work the same as the originals with a much lower draw. Really happy with them

Quote Originally Posted by mhanch View Post
    I have DPNW fans with the original shroud, and they seem to work the same as the originals with a much lower draw. Really happy with them
    I have the same fans.
    Matt

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yeah, i just replaced my old ones - talked to Toby a bit since he's local to me. one of the things that we discussed was that the original shroud is good to keep since it allows better air flow than some of the replacements, a fully flat shroud can leave dead spots with poor airflow.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7