FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ignition control with MS2

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Speaking from direct experience it may not be related to the VR input at all.

A data log and a high speed sync error log would be the preferred place to start, so that the sync loss can be characterized.
    If you are referring to our troubles it was mostly propagated by lack of shielded wiring.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10270

Different case - solenoid noise causing false RPM readings. Also my own car with unshielded cable, added shielding and tuned the hardware noise filters.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Question for EFI folks with ignition control: Do I need to adjust the distributor's "input and rotor output phasing"? I'm using the BIP373 ignition control kit on my MS2/3.57 for direct coil control, but I haven't been able to adjust the timing. MS2 manual suggests input phasin and rotor/output phasing when using the stock distributor/VR sensor (after locking the mechanical advance and removing the vacuum advance).

My VIN:    10270

It sounds like you have the engine running? Did you solve the sync loss problem?

When you say you can't adjust the timing what does that mean? Do you have "fixed timing" set under Ignition Options? That would cause it to ignore your timing table.

You should not have to adjust the physical phasing of the rotor/distributor, at least not at first, but I've not personally ran spark control from the stock distributor pickup.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2