FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Prv v6

Prv v6

Hi everyone.

I’m here to pick your brains about the prv v6

I have one in a classic 760 I have recently purchased but I will be T5 converting it soon so I’ll have an engine and auto gearbox available.

Anyone have any idea what these are worth as I cannot find a single unit for sale. 61,000 miles with full Volvo service history runs like an absolute dream. Thought this would be a good place as the Delorean uses the prv v6 also.

Located in Northamptonshire, England.

Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lewis.j.bradley; 09-19-2021 at 08:10 AM.

My VIN:    10207

Quote Originally Posted by lewis.j.bradley View Post
    Hi everyone.

I’m here to pick your brains about the prv v6

I have one in a classic 760 I have recently purchased but I will be T5 converting it soon so I’ll have an engine and auto gearbox available.

Anyone have any idea what these are worth as I cannot find a single unit for sale. 61,000 miles with full Volvo service history runs like an absolute dream. Thought this would be a good place as the Delorean uses the prv v6 also.

Located in Northamptonshire, England.

Any help would be appreciated

Is it the same engine as the one in the delorean? Then it might be worth something in that context.
    I think the PRV V6 has been made in a lot of different versions - the one in the deloreans are based on a volvo B28F iirc.
    Last edited by DrWin; 09-20-2021 at 01:15 AM. Reason: spelleng my anglash
    Please excuse the crudity of this DeLorean as I didn't have time to repair it yet.
    VIN 10207 - December '81, Gray Interior, 3-speed automatic, stock PRV engine.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

The transmission would be useless to us and the PRVs in the 760s are not drop in replacements for the DeLorean in that the lower crankcase needs to be changed. So a DeLorean owner buying your engine would have to swap crankcases, no one will want to run your original fuel lines and will also have to swap out the accessories for it (AC mount, ditch the power steering, move the alternator).

In my opinion, there is some value there but certainly nowhere near the $4,500 dollars as you're asking on eBay. I sold an original DeLorean engine with around 77K miles on it, good condition, stainless fuel lines, ready to drop in without a crankcase swap, included new starter and other parts - asked 4K, got $1200 (and I even went inside the engine to take photos of the bearings & piston liners to prove the condition, not just guess or say it was good condition).

Good luck.
    -----Dan B.

I’m purely going off of what I have heard from other people my knowledge is with Japanese cars these old bricks are not my area of expertise. I do know someone brought one for their Delorean from a Volvo 760 an absolute rec of an engine for $1500 and it was not totally complete. I have been told 4.5k for the engine and trans is a fair price and that was the suggestion to list it for.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I see you've removed your eBay listing now. By the way, you can buy an entire 760 for under $1500 over here, $2100 (starting) over there (with 74KMI) so I'm not sure how an engine/transmission combo can be valued more than the car itself.

https://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=207512

Quote Originally Posted by lewis.j.bradley View Post
    IÂ’m purely going off of what I have heard from other people my knowledge is with Japanese cars these old bricks are not my area of expertise. I do know someone brought one for their Delorean from a Volvo 760 an absolute rec of an engine for $1500 and it was not totally complete. I have been told 4.5k for the engine and trans is a fair price and that was the suggestion to list it for.

Last edited by dn010; 09-20-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    -----Dan B.

I have indeed I’ll need to do abit more research clearly. Maybe it’s the rarity of the engines over here which justifys the price.

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

I have converted many of these for DeLorean usage in the UK, that's assuming it's the early odd fire engine. The later even fire ones are plentiful, Perhaps you could get in touch via the UK owners website: www.deloreans.co.uk

Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/