FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DRL Mod w/ Clear Front Indicators & Switchback Turn Signal/Parking Lamp Bulbs

My VIN:    16109

DRL Mod w/ Clear Front Indicators & Switchback Turn Signal/Parking Lamp Bulbs

Switchbacks installed. In order to achieve this you need to install a separately fused +12V accessory power source from the relay compartment to the front of the car. This will activate your DRLs (daytime running lights) whenever the car is turned on. Other than that the install is pretty straightforward with options to run either amber or white parking lamps (the lights that turn on with your headlights). Turn signals are always amber.

Fully installed and working great! We used the VLEDs V6 Extreme bulbs in the DeLoreanTech car with the Euro-Style clear front indicators.

DRL = Daytime Running Lights (bright 6K white lights)
    Turn Signal Indicators = “Blinkers” in bright 1400 lumens Amber
    Parking Lights/Lamps = constant-on dimmer lights when headlight switch is pressed. Can be Amber or White. Dimmer than DRL or Turn Signal lights

Demo of all functions on the car: https://youtu.be/7IYDqPgdRD4

Purchase Link for the bulbs I use: VLEDs V6 Extreme Switchbacks (we use the 6K color temp on the white LED option but 5K is available) -- yes these are ridiculously expensive so I am trying to get an alternative product that is still good but less expensive....stay tuned!

IMG_9987.jpgIMG_9988.jpg2021-09-01_14-17-20.jpg1.jpgswitchbacks.jpg

My VIN:    767 (3.0L EFI/EDIS)

That’s very cool. I was considering doing inexpensive white/amber switchbacks and skipping the DRL, since I leave my headlights on all the time anyway. The clear lenses were the part that held me back. Where did you get those?

Thanks!

— Joe

My VIN:    16109

Quote Originally Posted by jangell View Post
    That’s very cool. I was considering doing inexpensive white/amber switchbacks and skipping the DRL, since I leave my headlights on all the time anyway. The clear lenses were the part that held me back. Where did you get those?
    Thanks! It's a service that we provide here: EuroStyle.DeLoreanTech.com

EuroStyle.jpg

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Did the lenses a few months ago with switchback bulbs. Thanks Todd!
    IMG_3533.jpg
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry