FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 118 of 129 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1290

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    The last thing we did is install the "pipe of pain" and the idle air control valve. Wow...another pain in the butt job. Having the new seal installed made installing the pipe nearly impossible. I took everything in me to manage to get the pipe pushed in far enough.
    It kills me how there is so much crap shoved into the left side of this engine (ac pump, IAC, spark distributor, cold start valve, WUR, etc) but hardly ANYTHING on the right side!

Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk
    Lotus designed it like that for optimum weight distribution
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Not sure if you had asked about this in our private technical thread, but we supply the shorter banjo for use with our line kit. The factory end at the fuel filter is bulky on the plastic line. You are bottoming out the longer M12. Just swap out for the one on the right and you will be good to go.
    Yeah you answered this for me. I'm just writing history at this point. I'm behind on my log entries.

Tam's leather reconditioning kit showed up so she is all excited.
    It looks like the gray is a pretty good match.

Last edited by SupercoolBill; 05-31-2024 at 12:13 PM.

No work on the car tonight because I visit inmates in jail on Friday nights. This is something I thoroughly enjoy. I would encourage anyone to volunteer to do this.

We are in RI for a race this weekend so probably no work getting done on the car until maybe Monday.

No work on the car tonight because I visit inmates in jail on Friday nights. This is something I thoroughly enjoy. I would encourage anyone to volunteer to do this.

We are in RI for a race this weekend so probably no work getting done on the car until maybe Monday.

Visit them and do what? Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Visit them and do what? Serious question.
    It's through my church. So supposed to be a Bible study but it turns into whatever it is supposed to be. I bring them books, journals, etc. They are really happy just to talk to someone from the outside. If they want to make a change in thier life we try to help them with that.

It's through my church. So supposed to be a Bible study but it turns into whatever it is supposed to be. I bring them books, journals, etc. They are really happy just to talk to someone from the outside. If they want to make a change in thier life we try to help them with that.

Interesting. Very good of you to do it.

We are back from RI. My wife and her friend ran a 10 mile race. We visited the Newport car museum on the way home. Quite a collection. Sadly no Deloreans though. Here's a few of the pictures I took.

We worked on the car tonight from 5-8P. Tam worked on one of the seats.

I scoped out the situation with my O2 sensor and the factory wire. The wire pokes out through in a bad location. The O2 sensor wire didn't quite reach.

Josh from D-Ind said that I can just extend the O2 sensor wire. I decided to look in the car. There was some extra wire in the car so I moved more wiring out through the tub.

I really don't like where this wire comes out through the tub. I may drill a new hole at some pont.

Next I jumped back into the fuel system. I ended up just completely removing the accumulator. Horrible job by the way.

The fittings on the end looked perfectly fine.

I put some anti-sieze on the threads and tightened the fitting down as tight as i dared to.

Page 118 of 129 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast