FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hot vapor engine Delorean?

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

I believe the correct statement is that you actually do not need the entire Delorean for street racing.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Oh man, talk about a blast from the past. This is why I wish the old .com archives still existed. That thread was fantastic. It was dubbed the Fast and the Furious DeLorean right? It had a green and black wrap on it right? The post about removing the radiator to save weight was pure gold.
    This was before my time and I feel like I am missing out on a lot. (dmctalk.com)

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Oh man, talk about a blast from the past. This is why I wish the old .com archives still existed. That thread was fantastic. It was dubbed the Fast and the Furious DeLorean right? It had a green and black wrap on it right? The post about removing the radiator to save weight was pure gold.
    YES! "Fast and the Furious DeLorean" was it's DMCTalk name So many good things on the .com site.

--Squirrel--
    Someone should start a thread that just posts memories from all the stories and characters from that era. e.g. like Barefoot Walt, where is he now? Sonny V? Twin Engine DMC, etc.....
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    Over 15 years on these forums and its the first I have ever heard about that...
    It’s mentioned in several DeLorean books.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

IIRC, it was a bit more ridiculous idea of weight savings. I believe the radiator cooling fans and shroud were removed
    for “weight savings”, but the radiator was still in place, to provide enough cooling when driving to and from night races
    and shutting the car off whenever it was just idling, so there was less chance of overheating.

The Fast and Furious DeLorean is certainly in the Top 10 List of Worst Functional Mods by a Previous Owner.

Maybe I will try searching through the Wayback Machine website for more info, if I have time this weekend.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

I think JZD had an interest in Yunick's hot air engine, some company called Adiabatic Corporation. Shockingly it never took off.
    Last edited by AugustneverEnds; 12-05-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2