FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: VIN history report

Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    I don't give out my VIN everywhere like so many people do.
    You won’t give out your VIN, but you’re upset you don’t have access to a group of strangers names and addresses?

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    You won’t give out your VIN, but you’re upset you don’t have access to a group of strangers names and addresses?
    Who said anything about a group of strangers? I'm mostly just curious about a gap of 13 years from when the car was made until it first got titled. Wouldn't you be curious about something like that?

I am trying to obtain information on a vehicle that I own. To me that is different than exposing your VIN to everyone in the world.

If I once owned a vehicle and years later someone contacted me saying "Hey I own a vehicle you owned years ago, do you know anything about ____?" That would not bother me in the least. In fact I would probably think it was cool to find out what had become of it.
    On the other hand I wouldn't take a whole bunch of pictures of a vehicle I owned, take pics of the VIN, then plaster them all over the internet for anyone in the world to see.
    Although now that I know that people can't find you by your VIN I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 02-01-2022 at 09:21 AM.

My VIN:    Ask one of the online stalkers.

When you have a creepy DeLorean stalker post a photo of you and a friend working on your car several hundred miles away from your house and tag you in it on Facebook, you'll want to delete your account and withhold your VIN as well.

Completely ruined that trip, as I was worried about my home being broken into until I got home.
    I love my DMC! I can't speak highly enough of it!

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyV View Post
    When you have a creepy DeLorean stalker post a photo of you and a friend working on your car several hundred miles away from your house and tag you in it on Facebook, you'll want to delete your account and withhold your VIN as well.

Completely ruined that trip, as I was worried about my home being broken into until I got home.
    Yeah that is weird.
    I guess that must be how famous people feel. Paparazzi...

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyV View Post

I vaguely remember this happening. I don't remember where the pictures originated for them to connect the dots and tag you in the post though.

-Nick

My VIN:    2690 & 4359

Some of y'all might be disappointed when you discover the VinWiki app.

Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    Who said anything about a group of strangers? I'm mostly just curious about a gap of 13 years from when the car was made until it first got titled. Wouldn't you be curious about something like that?
    You don’t know who owned your car during those years, which makes those owners strangers to you. Unless you have a different definition of strangers.

And no, I’m not as curious as you.

I meant the "group" part.
    I am assuming that the period of time from when it was made to when it was titled would be one owner. Could be a person, could be a car dealership...

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    Some of y'all might be disappointed when you discover the VinWiki app.
    I checked it out to see what you were talking about. I don't get it. What is the point of it? It looks like people put in their own vehicles information so it is their for other people to view. Is that correct?

My VIN:    Ask one of the online stalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by NJP548 View Post
    I vaguely remember this happening. I don't remember where the pictures originated for them to connect the dots and tag you in the post though.

-Nick
    Creepy Chris Burns constantly searches for any photos of DeLoreans that pop up on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. My old license plate was visible in the picture and he identified both myself and my friend in the photo and proceeded to share it to Fanatics with both of us tagged.
    I love my DMC! I can't speak highly enough of it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast