FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: International shipping delays

My VIN:    11596

International shipping delays

Just wanted to vent a bit.

First of all I do NOT blame the seller or vendor one tiny bit!

I am currently waiting on two international packages (DeLorean parts) which have been stuck at airports for days or weeks. First package was shipped via ANPOST (Ireland) to the USA. It's been sitting at Heathrow since Jan 28th

"Your delivery has been received in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB at 21:25 on 28 January 2022"

Second package was shipped via FedEx from the Netherlands (DeLorean EU) to the USA. That one is sitting at Charles De Gaulle since Feb 2

"IN TRANSIT

Arrived at FedEx location

ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX, 95"

There's no estimate for delivery dates on either package. I guess they were shipped ground with tracking which was and still is fine with me since I am not desperate for the parts but I've purchased internationally many times and never seen such long delays from two major hubs. Again - not the seller's fault at all, I blame the parcel industry.

Anyone in the know and can shed some light? Are these delays being talked about in Europe? Yeah, yeah, First World Problems but these kind of delays cannot be sustainable for the parcel industry. I understand freight containers and ocean vessels etc but this stuff is just waiting to board a flight. I wonder how backed up these places really are?
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    10270

Yes, it is an ongoing, unpredictable issue just about everywhere, especially when any kind of customs is involved

I ship internationally every day and customer communication related to delays consumes a fair amount of business time.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    03572

I just shipped two overseas orders yesterday. Australia USPS only does Priority Express. This is relatively new since before I could ship first class mail. The other order was first class mail to the UK. Looking at tracking it does look like the Express is moving faster but that cost was $50 more than the old first class cost.

Normal first class mail has been taking about two weeks international. When the pandemic was in full swing some packages could sit in customs for up to one month.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I just shipped two overseas orders yesterday. Australia USPS only does Priority Express. This is relatively new since before I could ship first class mail. The other order was first class mail to the UK. Looking at tracking it does look like the Express is moving faster but that cost was $50 more than the old first class cost.

Normal first class mail has been taking about two weeks international. When the pandemic was in full swing some packages could sit in customs for up to one month.
    I wonder if it makes a difference coming versus going to Europe. I have a feeling once my packages hit the USA they will move along smoothly. I think Europe is much more lax when it comes to meeting any sort of schedule or expectations in a post-pandemic world.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

I think it’s just another result of the overblown reaction to COVID. Once the world catches up to the fact that our leaders are lying to us, things will get back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I just shipped two overseas orders yesterday. Australia USPS only does Priority Express.
    I'm not sure if your sales volume justifies the monthly price, but Stamps.com offers a first-class alternative called GlobalPost. It's lower cost than USPS 1st class, fully tracked, and comes with $50 indemnity. It's allowed me to continue shipping to Australia for a reasonable price.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Strange. I ordered my Fuel lines from DeloreanGo on Sunday, and they just arrived. It was via Fedex with their middle tier - I think.

No issues at all.

Crap , I just ordered a fuel pump from DeLoreanGO and Paid a small fortune for Expedited FedEx shipping hoping to have it this week. We will see what happens.

Sounds like the Memphis hub is still afu from last weeks storm. I have 3 express packages stuck there that were due for delivery yesterday. https://www.fedex.com/en-us/service-alerts.html

My VIN:    03572

Sometimes your package does not get scanned when it leaves customs. I had one guy get his package and I still thought it was in New York Customs.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast