FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LS4 swap

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    While I do feel the stock 5 speed transaxle is up to the task of the swap, if starting from an automatic is makes more sense from a budget standpoint just to go for the Porsche trans. Sourcing a 5 speed transaxle with the associated components will run your costs up to a similar number as just going the Porsche route. The only major hurdle converting from the auto is the pedal box (Shifter, cables, and hydraulics all carry over from the Porsche so no DeLorean part sourcing needed here). However, I am working on a solution that retains the stock auto pedal box but adds a clutch pedal. No ETA on a release yet though unfortunately.
    So with an LS 4 swap, even if you already have a manual Delorean, to use the Porsche gearbox you have to swap out the pedal box, shifter, cables, hydraulics? Sounds like using the original Delorean gearbox saves on the extra work and cost of changing to the Porsche gearbox.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Sulley View Post
    So with an LS 4 swap, even if you already have a manual Delorean, to use the Porsche gearbox you have to swap out the pedal box, shifter, cables, hydraulics? Sounds like using the original Delorean gearbox saves on the extra work and cost of changing to the Porsche gearbox.
    The manual pedal box stays if you already have it. I certainly do prefer doing swaps with the stock 5 speed transaxle as I feel it is more "bang for the buck"

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3