FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seat Covers

My VIN:    1710

Seat Covers

Has anyone replaced their seat covers with either the DeLoreanGo (original material) or DMC-Texas (non two-tone) versions within the past year or so? If so, would you mind sharing some pictures of the finished product? I can't decide which to install on my car; each set has pros & cons. Thank you!
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    2942

I went with lseat.com.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DARCOM View Post
    I went with lseat.com.
    Hows the quality? Their price is impressive

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I went with Lseat, with the perforated inserts. I am very happy with them.

My VIN:    4792

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

I have Lseat covers on my car too. I wouldn't recommend them...
    The center inserts on their pattern are too wide, and the material is definitely not top quality. Look how loose the bottom center is DARCOM's picture. Mine are the same way.

I haven't seen DeloreanGo's covers, but I have two customers with DMCH covers. They fit and look right.

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I have seen some LSeat covers on my friends car. They looked nice. I know he had to do a little modifying to make them fit correctly.

This past Fall I installed some DMCH seat covers on a friends car. The quality and fit were great. I did one right after the other in a matter of a few hours.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

My VIN:    1710

Yeah, the reasons why I’m only considering the DMC-Texas or DeLoreanGo Original Material seat covers is they are the only ones on the market with the proper ripple/ruching effect in the center panels, and also have the proper “pebble finish” texturing on the leather. The DeLoreanGo option uses the original material, original patterns, and are assembled by the original trimmer the factory used. They mimic the factory look extremely well. The only downsides are they are nearly twice the price of the DMC-Texas versions, and the original materials don’t wear as well as the modern DMC-Texas replacements. The latest DMC-Texas versions I’ve seen seem to be a bit inconsistent in regards to fitment around the headrest “neck” and the ripple effect is a little funky on some of them. Yeah, I’m persnickety…
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Rode View Post
    Look how loose the bottom center is DARCOM's picture. Mine are the same way.
    On my Lseat covers this was caused by the pockets that hold the curved bars. They are too long, and as shipped you cannot get enough "pull" downwards to get the center panel flush with the foam. The bars will bottom out against the rubber support long before the leather is pulled taut.
    I've been procrastinating on recovering the drivers seat for years and plan to remedy this with a sewing machine.

Lseat is fine if you're not concerned with original appearance and aren't afraid to make some modifications. I added heat and ventilation and was already going to be deep in modifying things, so having to tweak the Lseat covers was not a big deal. I have more notes to add to that thread after it went OT I ran out of time & energy.
    Every other brand is probably better if you just want to install & go.
    I prefer the clean flat look to the rippled look, even if its original as the texture gives me the heebie jeebies. Not nearly as bad as ostrich leather but its up there.

Here's a few pics of the (mostly) finished passenger seat.
    Lseat-done-2.jpg
    Lseat-done-1.jpg

The "little neck roll" is something that nobody ever seems to get correct. After doing one side I know why (multiple factors) and will be crafting a shaped insert for the other side to fix the issue.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

I'm still hoping to find fabric or artificial leather covers. One quote I did get from a custom seat company proved to be hopelessly expensive.

My VIN:    2942

I believe I could have put the ripples in my seats, but my lack of experience installing new seat covers and trying to pull every corner tight was my goal at the time. I believe that there is an art to it if you want it to have the seat ripples, but my original seats did not have the ripples so it's all good to me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast