FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Help me find thread on door pulls

Help me find thread on door pulls

I talked about changing my early style door pulls to the later style. I ordered and received the little trim pieces where the pull goes through the door card. Some body posted a link about doing this. I don’t believe it was an actual “how to”, but it still gave you the basics and had a couple pics of how he did it. I should have saved it. Now I can’t find it in the search. I can probably figure it out, but it would be nice to at least get them in the same place as the stock cars. If you don’t know the thread, could anyone snap a pic of there door where it comes out. Measurements would be fantastic.

Thanks

Following...

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

I'll be doing this shortly. I have new style on my OG car, so matching up should be easy - I've just got hold of new style pulls. I also realized that the plastic bezels
    are exactly the same part as the ones used for the seat release, of which I have some spares. I think my main challenge here will be finding some non-rusty screws
    in the correct size,

I have a couple of very stiff old style pulls (black) if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    I'll be doing this shortly. I have new style on my OG car, so matching up should be easy - I've just got hold of new style pulls. I also realized that the plastic bezels
    are exactly the same part as the ones used for the seat release, of which I have some spares. I think my main challenge here will be finding some non-rusty screws
    in the correct size,

I have a couple of very stiff old style pulls (black) if anyone is interested.
    I was planning to use the old pulls. Is that a bad idea? Are they not long enough or something? Not sure what I was going to do with the rings. Either cut them off or put them inside the door. Could use them to attach it maybe. If it turns out decent, I’ll put it in a “how to”. If you do yours first, please start a how to. (I can add to it if mine is any good)

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I talked about changing my early style door pulls to the later style. I ordered and received the little trim pieces where the pull goes through the door card. Some body posted a link about doing this. I don’t believe it was an actual “how to”, but it still gave you the basics and had a couple pics of how he did it. I should have saved it. Now I can’t find it in the search...
    Using search words 'door strap style' the first or second hit is this one with the last activity a year ago. It's probably the one you want.

Read it all the way through. At the end you can open a link to a different thread which includes a post with a detailed strap conversion how-to .pdf by Dave Swingle.

It lists the correct door strap (non-ring style) in the parts list. I don't know whether the old/earlier straps can be salvaged for a conversion.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    3014

Something like this ??

I DIY mine 81 model door panel to 83 , the pull strap have a very natural slot to bolt on and seems you just need a longer screw and then it will fit like its designt to be there . the black trim piece are just some eye balling and cut a groove to fit the strap. depends your personal feeling maybe little lower will provide a less stress to the plastic trim . because pulling force will brake it if the position was too high .

I bought the 1st trim from Delorean Go , and the 3D printed trim survive about less then a Year. and then i changed to DMC official one , so far so good .

EXKmtprUwAAuuHF.jpg

To all that find this thread, now Ron started a “how to” thread for this subject. So if you have hints/tricks, it would be appropriate to post them there.