FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Plea to DeLorean owners in Northern Germany, Netherlands, United Kingdom and Ireland.

My VIN:    5151

Plea to DeLorean owners in Northern Germany, Netherlands, United Kingdom and Ireland.

I am planning to visit Dunmurry mid May. Driving both ways from Warsaw, Poland. Perhaps my plan is a little bit too optimistic. Anyhow, I strongly suspect any DeLorean owner, myself included, have local tow truck on speedial, same goes for local garage with knowledge and understanding of DeLorean.

I would very much appreciated contact info from owners along the way. I do promise not to overuse it or impose in any way, just the phone call only in emergency asking for direction to recommended workshop. This is all what could be needed. Of course meeting for coffee or lunch and discussion about plight of DeLorean owner life is also viable option.

In normal circumstances I do most of the work around Delo myself but that requires tools and spares. Since I will be travelling with my wife the boot space will be filled by her makeup bag and cargo space behind seats by her outfits. There will be no room left for tools or spares. As guys with some experience in married life would confirm, with passage of time makeup bag is only getting bigger. And I have been married quite some time.

Anyhow, if you are DeLorean owner somewhere along the way from Warsaw to Dunmarry and could help in very unlike occurrence of DeLorean breaking down please do contact me.

Jakub Barański mail: jandreptak(at)gmail.com

Or Whatsupp on +48 601 914 31three

My VIN:    05257

Hey, you are welcome to visit us in Kassel. It is exactly on your way. Wow, 2300 Km! We have tools here and mechanics in case if anything breaks down.
    Azar
    +491623813639

Quote Originally Posted by Jakub View Post
    I would very much appreciated contact info from owners along the way. ...[snip]... Of course meeting for coffee or lunch and discussion about plight of DeLorean owner life is also viable option.

Anyhow, if you are DeLorean owner somewhere along the way from Warsaw to Dunmarry and could help in very unlike occurrence of DeLorean breaking down please do contact me.

Jakub,
    As you are already member of the DOD, you have at hand a list of DeLorean Owners around the world. The current DOD shows owners in the following countries that have volunteered their contact information, including:

• Poland - 2 (including yourself)
    • Germany, - 58
    • Netherlands – 7
    • Belgum – 11
    • United Kingdom – 42
    • France - 24
    • Ireland – 7

Directory listings show name, address (if provided), telephone number, email address, and owner contact preferences (including tools & space available), among other things. This would be perfect for your trip. You can print the paper copy of the DOD and take it with you...
    …or better, all of the same information is available via the world’s only DeLorean VIN mobile app.
    If you have not already, I recommend downloading it now and view it before your adventure. It is free of charge from the Google Play Store, and there are NO advertisements! Utilizing the DOD keeps your contact information out of the public domain, thus only available to other verified owners. You can even directly message other DeLorean owners privately.

Whatever you do, have a safe and uneventful trip. Keep a log, and please tell us about it after your return home.

Azar, you are welcome as well, to join the DOD.

Thomas GooglePlay-DOD-image3.jpg
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-22-2022 at 11:05 AM.
    Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Plenty of UK owners available via the UK Owners Club, What route are you taking through the UK? Have you contacted anyone in N.Ireland regarding visiting the site? I'ts not really that accessible. I certainly have plenty of tools on hand if required but clearly it depends on your route and if I'm at work!
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Jakub,
    As you are already member of the DOD, you have at hand a list of DeLorean Owners around the world. The current DOD shows owners in the following countries that have volunteered their contact information, including:

• Poland - 2 (including yourself)
    • Germany, - 58
    • Netherlands – 7
    • Belgum – 11
    • United Kingdom – 42
    • France - 24
    • Ireland – 7

Directory listings show name, address (if provided), telephone number, email address, and owner contact preferences (including tools & space available), among other things. This would be perfect for your trip. You can print the paper copy of the DOD and take it with you...
    …or better, all of the same information is available via the world’s only DeLorean VIN mobile app.
    If you have not already, I recommend downloading it now and view it before your adventure. It is free of charge from the Google Play Store, and there are NO advertisements! Utilizing the DOD keeps your contact information out of the public domain, thus only available to other verified owners. You can even directly message other DeLorean owners privately.

Whatever you do, have a safe and uneventful trip. Keep a log, and please tell us about it after your return home.

Azar, you are welcome as well, to join the DOD.

Thomas GooglePlay-DOD-image3.jpg
    Thanks Thomas, I already have an app and my VIN and information is there. But looks like I need to create account and password to be included and search the smaller owners list. Will do!

BTW, I quickly looked at the DOD website and did not find my VIN there.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I already have an app and my VIN and information is there.
    Just curious, what is the app you already have?

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    BTW, I quickly looked at the DOD website and did not find my VIN there.
    While your VIN's build information is found in the Registry, you still need to enter contact info to be included in the DOD. Here is the shortcut link to do so.

Feel free to email or PM me if you need any help.

Thanks,
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Just curious, what is the app you already have?

While your VIN's build information is found in the Registry, you still need to enter contact info to be included in the DOD. Here is the shortcut link to do so.

Feel free to email or PM me if you need any help.

Thanks,
    Thomas
    This app.
    Ok understood, will do

Ah, ok. Yes that is the DOD Mobile App.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=Citizen;271304]Jakub,

Hello Thomas,

Didn’t know about this utility of the app, but then again as far as electronics go I am as advanced as desert mud hat is advanced building design.
    Will keep in mind.
    Thanks for info

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Plenty of UK owners available via the UK Owners Club, What route are you taking through the UK? Have you contacted anyone in N.Ireland regarding visiting the site? I'ts not really that accessible. I certainly have plenty of tools on hand if required but clearly it depends on your route and if I'm at work!
    Chris
    Hello Chris,

I am planning as follow – Channel tunnel, London, Redditch (I am also Royal Enfield owner), Holyhead.
    And on the way back Cairnryan, Edinburgh, Hull.

As for factory my understanding was there is some automotive production there.
    As it happens I have some contact with big industry on the professional level. Those days even if you are invited with legitimate business usually it requires filling zyllion forms, health and safety training, boots, vests, helmets, glasses and who knows what else.
    And we don’t even mention COVID restrictions.
    I would expect it would be similar in Dunmurry. I wouldn’t dare to think they let some stranger into the site only because his car was manufactured there 40 years earlier.
    Do you think it’s possible to get to the track? It would be absolutely awesome.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast