When I had the console off, I found this tube, partially crushed in one place [img1] (maybe when I removed the console), and then noticed it was completely detached at the back end, and quite possible chewed by some mouse at some point. I fished the other end out through the locked compartment behind the driver's seat, and reinforced that suspicion [img2].

Looking at the head end, I thought maybe it was an aftermarket/replacement piece as it plugs in to a soft rubber tube that connects to the tee, which I think makes it part 29 on 7-3-0 . So I'm obviously ordering a replacement tube. I thought it was maybe supposed to be soft rubber all the way back, as I don't see the same soft-hard junction [img3] on the parts diagram, but then part 29 description says its hard plastic:
This is the long, hard, black plastic tubing that runs along the side of the center console from the hot water control valve to the tee connector behind the radio which in turn connects to the air inlet valve assembly and the mode control switch.
Is there a different part for the soft rubber tubing section? I don't think I need it now, but curious. And do I need to order a new grommet too? I haven't tried to fish that out to see if it's ok.

And since it was clearly damaged for a while, I'm curious if there could be other damage to the system - anything else I should check? Or would it just be a loss of vacuum pressure, either in that one line/component or in the system as a whole?

I guess I should take the mode switch off and re-build and lube it while it have it all apart...

20220503_071931.jpg 20220503_072819.jpg 20220503_071910.jpg