FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Alpha 5 is revealed

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Attachment 68529

I like how the heater controls are neatly hidden behind the ipad thing
    No way HVA control is there. That looks like a USB port.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Annotation 2022-06-02 115553.jpg

to be honest, it kinda looks like both
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6125

I've been struggling to describe how I feel about the new DeLorean Alpha 5, but then it just kind of struck me that I don't really feel anything towards it at all.

It doesn't really look like a DeLorean, or FEEL like a DeLorean.

It lacks any of the emotional connection I have to the brand or the car itself. But more importantly, what it really lacks is any connection to you or anyone else in the existing DeLorean community.

When I think "DeLorean" I think of what the car means to me, and the people that I associate with it. All of the other owners (and non owners) that contribute here. The gatherings, get togethers with friends, DMCMW open house celebrations, DCS. Even the stupid facebook groups where people shitpost dumb stuff and get everyone else all riled up. But most important to me, when I think "DeLorean" I think about all the smiles the car brings to people's faces when they see it out in the world.

I don't think this new car will ever be able to duplicate that feeling that people have when they see it, whatever that feeling may be to them personally. It's just a thing with the word DeLorean stamped on it.

It doesn't really matter how good or bad this new car is, it will never truly be a real "DeLorean".

That's my take on it at least.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I've been struggling to describe how I feel about the new DeLorean Alpha 5, but then it just kind of struck me that I don't really feel anything towards it at all.

It doesn't really look like a DeLorean, or FEEL like a DeLorean.

It lacks any of the emotional connection I have to the brand or the car itself. But more importantly, what it really lacks is any connection to you or anyone else in the existing DeLorean community.

When I think "DeLorean" I think of what the car means to me, and the people that I associate with it. All of the other owners (and non owners) that contribute here. The gatherings, get togethers with friends, DMCMW open house celebrations, DCS. Even the stupid facebook groups where people shitpost dumb stuff and get everyone else all riled up. But most important to me, when I think "DeLorean" I think about all the smiles the car brings to people's faces when they see it out in the world.

I don't think this new car will ever be able to duplicate that feeling that people have when they see it, whatever that feeling may be to them personally. It's just a thing with the word DeLorean stamped on it.

It doesn't really matter how good or bad this new car is, it will never truly be a real "DeLorean".

That's my take on it at least.
    Exactly. At least a 911 will always look like a 911. Just call it what it is - DaVinici.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

It's like the new e-Mustang - a competent EV upon which the vendor has stuck on an unrelated iconic nameplate. No kid growing up wanting a Mustang, is going to buy that because of the label.

Same here - if you believe all the posters on DeLorean FB pages, the only reason DeLoreans are popular, exist even, is because of BTTF. What will that group see in the Alpha 5.

(Power Ranger fans on the other hand may buy them out)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Exactly. At least a 911 will always look like a 911. Just call it what it is - DaVinici.
    If it were up to me, I would say the new Delorean would have to have 4 things.

Stainless skin

Gullwing doors

Rear engine

Basic Delorean styling

The last item needs some explaining. If you look at at early Mustang, Camaro or Challenger, and than look at the current version, there is no doubt about the styling influence. That’s what should have happened with the Delorean. They could have rounded the angles a bit, but it should have been the same general shape.

My VIN:    5757

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    If it were up to me, I would say the new Delorean would have to have 4 things.

Stainless skin

Gullwing doors

Rear engine

Basic Delorean styling

The last item needs some explaining. If you look at at early Mustang, Camaro or Challenger, and than look at the current version, there is no doubt about the styling influence. That’s what should have happened with the Delorean. They could have rounded the angles a bit, but it should have been the same general shape.
    I agree. It's a huge miss.

My VIN:    16306

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post

(Power Ranger fans on the other hand may buy them out)
    Ha! I knew I couldn't have been the only one that thought "The robot from Power Rangers?" upon first hearing Alpha 5.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    10907

Ehhhh. It's OK, I guess. I don't hate it but if I were going to drop $175k on a car it would be a Lambo. At least I could theoretically drive a Lambo to work.

So much for the "affordable exotic", eh?

(that said, if there's the slightest chance the cash from this venture will help get any of our unobtanium parts back into production I hope they sell a million of them.)
    Last edited by DaraSue; 06-03-2022 at 02:14 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast