FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Alpha 5 is revealed

My VIN:    6313

Judging from the media response - or lack thereof - this reveal has garnered less buzz and interest than the prior 'new DeLorean' press releases. This has to be a bad signal for the company hoping to draw interest using the DeLorean badge. I think the core issue is that the connection to the DeLorean brand concept is weak - where I would define the DeLorean brand concept as 1) gull wing, 2) stainless, 3) some back-story reference to John DeLorean himself or the original DeLorean company design concepts. The new design is about as much a DeLorean as a rebadged electric Bricklin would be.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    Ask one of the online stalkers.

The thing is a flop because it's not a DeLorean. It is little more than slapping the name of a beloved car on an unrelated vehicle.
    I love my DMC! I can't speak highly enough of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Link doesn’t work for me.

My VIN:    Early

They did us a huge favor.

Now people won’t ask if your car is the "new DeLorean" since the new DeLorean doesn’t even look like a DeLorean.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Huge gullwings on an electric car that looks like every other electric car these days. Not enough to make me think 'DeLorean'.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

I like the wheels, gullwing doors, and the fact that it is a 2+2.
    I wish ItalDesign would have kept more cue of the « paperfolded » era style.

I feel this is too rounded. It could has had the chance of distancing itself and coming out totally unique if it has adopted a more edgy style for sure. Maybe it has to do with that cx drag coefficient they wanted to achieve…?

My VIN:    7075

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Ehhhh. It's OK, I guess. I don't hate it but if I were going to drop $175k on a car it would be a Lambo. At least I could theoretically drive a Lambo to work.

So much for the "affordable exotic", eh?

(that said, if there's the slightest chance the cash from this venture will help get any of our unobtanium parts back into production I hope they sell a million of them.)
    Exactly what I think.

And to the others:
    This "new Delorean" is a nice car, but not a Delorean. I think, this car was not made for us. This was made for collectors, who will buy it, put to storage and forget about it.
    If it will be like this, fine for me, but I will not be a potential buyer.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Sidaries View Post
    This was made for collectors, who will buy it, put to storage and forget about it.
    If it will be like this, fine for me, but I will not be a potential buyer.
    I just don't see electric cars ever being collectible. They are tech heavy semi disposable tools. They are like smart phones, awesome when new, worthless after 10 years.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I just don't see electric cars ever being collectible. They are tech heavy semi disposable tools. They are like smart phones, awesome when new, worthless after 10 years.
    Especially with Quantum Scape solid state batteries in the pipeline. I have a '21 Taycan and it's value is certain to drop significantly once the new model releases in 2026/7. (unlike a 911) Tesla owners will see the biggest depreciation since the market is flooded with over 1 million produced. Interesting to see how the market is by the end of the decade.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Especially with Quantum Scape solid state batteries in the pipeline. I have a '21 Taycan and it's value is certain to drop significantly once the new model releases in 2026/7. (unlike a 911) Tesla owners will see the biggest depreciation since the market is flooded with over 1 million produced. Interesting to see how the market is by the end of the decade.
    As tech heavy as new cars and especially EV's, batteries will only get better, charge times will only get quicker, and range will only get longer.

A Tesla today is tomorrow's betamax.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast