FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Car stalls... what does this sound like to you?

My VIN:    3937

Well, we seem to be back in business for the time being. Hopefully just a 24-hour flu bug thing the old girl had.

I made the small adjustment to the mixture like you suggested and then let it idle for quite some time in the garage. It seemed like it was steady again and didn't stall out another time so I went for my drive. And it was good to go and felt strong too. So maybe that was that.

Again, I think when I went over a bunch of those electrical connections all related to the idle control system, it got some part of that system working again that hadn't been working well or at all before. Then the mixture adjustment was needed and it seems good now.

I'll obviously keep an eye on things a little closer related to this over the next few drives and report back here how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

When I took mine to Pigeon Forge for a DeLorean get together, I stopped in Greeneville at a less than ideal station for gas and for the rest of the tank, the car had a bit of a hard start issue. Once I ran the tank down and refueled, the problem went away.

Point I am making is that maybe run the tank down and refuel and see if the problem is still there.

Are you still running the oe fuel pump?
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    3937

I can definitely run the tank down further before getting the next fill-up. Could be some bad gas in there from the beginning of the season. I think I've gotten 4 fill-ups since the Spring.

My fuel pump is the original design, but not the original one that came with the car. I replaced it with a new one a few seasons ago. Not the combo unit that's available now, but a new pump made to work in the original set-up.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2