FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Whats the deal with USclassified4all.com with cheap deloreans??

My VIN:    16563

Whats the deal with USclassified4all.com with cheap deloreans??

So i have an insurance issue that is siting this site as a basis of the value of these cars. Deoreans range between 20K and 35K on this site. Obviously this is not the correct value. Anyone have some knowledge on this site?
    Thanks
    Nathan

https://usclassifieds4all.com/
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles

My VIN:    5312

That website can be described in 2 words. SCAM CITY. Every ad is a scam, the entire website is a scam. Don't waste your time. Edit: wow a 24k delorean , only 43k what a deal!!!111
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    That website can be described in 2 words. SCAM CITY. Every ad is a scam, the entire website is a scam. Don't waste your time. Edit: wow a 24k delorean , only 43k what a deal!!!111
    The site is full of people who grabbed pictures off of other sites, stuck low prices on the cars, and is waiting for overseas buyers to jump on cheap deals. Ask your insurance company to look up the latest auction results. That is the fairest market value, not scam websites of deals that don't exist. Besides, websites are asking prices, auction results are the real deal of what buyers are paying right now. Ask yourself, do you really think one of the Gold Deloreans is for sale at $43K?
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

It goes without saying that once you are beyond the insurance situation, you need to get out and go with a more reputable insurance company such as Hagerty or Grundy. Any insurance company using a site like that has no business insuring cars like ours
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    16563

I actually am with Hagerty and they are great. My issue is that I was stopped at a light with everyone else when we heard fire truck sirens and sure enough the fire truck's side marker light tore through the rear quarter of my car. So I file a claim with Ventura county for diminished value and submit a full report with multiple actions and recent sales of our cars, mainly due to now that there will be a insurance payout on the otherwise clean carfax. Then Ventura County claim depot decide to hire west coast appraisers LLC to get pricing and they submit a report of values based from this stupid classifieds website. Thats where I am with this thing.
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles

Quote Originally Posted by artisticent View Post
    I actually am with Hagerty and they are great. My issue is that I was stopped at a light with everyone else when we heard fire truck sirens and sure enough the fire truck's side marker light tore through the rear quarter of my car. So I file a claim with Ventura county for diminished value and submit a full report with multiple actions and recent sales of our cars, mainly due to now that there will be a insurance payout on the otherwise clean carfax. Then Ventura County claim depot decide to hire west coast appraisers LLC to get pricing and they submit a report of values based from this stupid classifieds website. Thats where I am with this thing.
    Will Hagerty just handle it?

I am curious because after having a poor experience with a third party insurance covering someone who hit me, and after talking to USAA (my insurance), when I am not at fault in an accident I just call my insurance and give them the other party's insurance information and have them work with the other insurance company. It has saved a world of headaches, paperwork phone calls etc. I am potentially responsible for my deductible upfront. I had a forklift driver hit my van at a loading dock. Usaa repaired it in less than a week, but there were letters from lawyers for 2 years before the third party finally paid. I wasn't worried about it because my insurance company covered everything up front and since it was clear I was not at fault premiums didn't rise.

I am worried about USAA on the deloreans though with their increasing value. I am curious if Hagerty or Grundy would be willing to do the same thing. If so I would definitely recommend it. I never plan to talk to a third party insurance again, it seems always better for my insurance agent to worry with the other company they have staff and people to handle that crap.

Joe P.

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by artisticent View Post
    That sucks bro, I'm sorry you are going through that crap. That makes A LOT more sense now... I had the worst time when it was the At-Fault's Insurance to get my Jeep in the shop when I was rear ended. They took FOREVER!

You can take my advice or you can ignore, I don't care but just a friendly suggestion to log and record all of your phone calls, emails, etc with their insurance company so that we, you can have a lot of leverage if things go side ways (but this will not help what they are looking at for Value).
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Quote Originally Posted by Jpalatinus View Post
    Will Hagerty just handle it?
    That’s what I was thinking. If you have full coverage, they have to pay. They will go after the third party insurance. They probably won’t have issue because insurance companies have multiple claims going both ways all the time. So they don’t argue much between them. But when they are talking to an individual, they can save money giving you the run around.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Going for diminished value is tough. Took me 3 years to finally get a claim settled when my daily driver got rear-ended. I wouldn't settle and started a claim against the driver personally to get the "other side" to negotiate. My insurance company was no help but offered to kick in some cash to get it settled. The collision damage was very straight-forward and so was the rental, the DV claim was a toughy. You won't get that from your insurance company unless you have it specifically listed in your policy. The other driver's insurance company finally "upped the ante" to settle the claim. That and some from my company and I was made whole. It turns out when an insurance company has to renew their license with the State they want to get as many cases settled as possible so they can be renewed. Puts them under a lot of pressure to get things settled.
    David Teitelbaum

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I've never had a problem with diminished value claims. It's all about how you approach and doing the correct things. These guys help with PCA:

https://www.supercarclaims.com/PCA/
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry