This video begins a four part series which will consist of a complete brake renovation on this 1982 Delorean. All of the calipers will be rebuilt, the master cylinder will be replaced, though I'd like to take the opportunity to quickly swap out my fuel sender as it will be in easy reach at the time.

The fluid itself doesn't look too bad as Elvis and I had done a flush not too long ago. As the panels come off I swap the sending unit with a new one from DeloreanGo. Once that was done, back to the brakes, the project kicks off with the emptying and removal of the master cylinder. I couldn't find a rebuild kit so I bought a replacement. Deloreango had one with the same ratio. The reservoir is cleaned and reused. I had found the low fluid switch didnt work but only required the connector be cleaned.

This first wheel I was working on was significantly dirtier and the car pulled to the left, a suspect stuck caliper. Removal of the caliper begins carefully loosening bolts. On the bench the caliper is then disassembled. Test confirms one of the two pistons was stuck. Upon removal the condition of the fluid in the calipers was much worse than that of the reservoir as expected. The pistons were in sad shape.

The calipers cleaned up nice but ill need to order some parts to continue.