FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lambda system 0 dwell and no buzzing

My VIN:    3752

Good news is the car made a big road trip this summer without issue. Car still runs as "good" as before. Don't think I fouled it much more than it already was. Either way it was worth it, I had a great time! I decided to get another Lambda ECU just to see if that was the issue. It was unfortunately not. As usual, parts cannon was a bad idea . Car behaves exactly the same with the new ECU. So there is probably something wrong with my electricals somewhere. There are some other weird electrical stuff happening, so probably one or more bad grounds. I have noticed that when I get off idle, it sounds like a relay click inside the car somewhere. Not sure if this is normal, and I am just listening for stuff more now. Radio doesn't turn on at all (not sure where the fuse is for this, looks like it's inline somewhere in the center console or dash and I have to disassemble half the car to get to it). And the cabin fan will randomly turn off especially on high settings.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Nioreh View Post
    Good news is the car made a big road trip this summer without issue. Car still runs as "good" as before. Don't think I fouled it much more than it already was. Either way it was worth it, I had a great time! I decided to get another Lambda ECU just to see if that was the issue. It was unfortunately not. As usual, parts cannon was a bad idea . Car behaves exactly the same with the new ECU. So there is probably something wrong with my electricals somewhere. There are some other weird electrical stuff happening, so probably one or more bad grounds. I have noticed that when I get off idle, it sounds like a relay click inside the car somewhere. Not sure if this is normal, and I am just listening for stuff more now. Radio doesn't turn on at all (not sure where the fuse is for this, looks like it's inline somewhere in the center console or dash and I have to disassemble half the car to get to it). And the cabin fan will randomly turn off especially on high settings.
    Two common problems when Lambda does not work.

1). The ground wires for the lambda are not grounded on the engine block. Little ring terminal on passenger side, near back of intake.
    2). The "lambda" relay was replaced with a standard relay. Standard will not work.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Two common problems when Lambda does not work.

1). The ground wires for the lambda are not grounded on the engine block. Little ring terminal on passenger side, near back of intake.
    2). The "lambda" relay was replaced with a standard relay. Standard will not work.
    A couple of more possibilities;
    Mixture very rich
    O2 senor bad or disconnected
    Bad connection at the plug to the frequency valve
    Ground wire left disconnected for the frequency valve (already mentioned in the quote)

Usually when the Lambda is not working someone makes the mixture richer to compensate for the loss of the extra fuel the frequency valve would add. Once you get the frequency valve buzzing you should check the duty cycle and adjust the mixture (leaner).
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    3752

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    A couple of more possibilities;
    Mixture very rich
    O2 senor bad or disconnected
    Bad connection at the plug to the frequency valve
    Ground wire left disconnected for the frequency valve (already mentioned in the quote)

Usually when the Lambda is not working someone makes the mixture richer to compensate for the loss of the extra fuel the frequency valve would add. Once you get the frequency valve buzzing you should check the duty cycle and adjust the mixture (leaner).
    I doubt that is the issue since apparently it should buzz on warmup in open loop mode. Mine buzzes fine when wot switch is engaged.

I tried to look over the grounds that are easy to access. Everything looks brand new. I did find, however, that my low beam fuse is melted to all hell. It's still not blown, though. Not sure if that could affect stuff. It has melted the actual fuse box pretty bad. Not sure what to do about it, but I have to fix it and see that it hasn't caused something else to short out. I guess that could maybe cause my issues.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Nioreh View Post
    Mine buzzes fine when wot switch is engaged.
    Then the two things I suggested are not your problem.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2