FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Rear Fuel Feed Line replacement

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Rear Fuel Feed Line replacement

10287 began having hot start troubles in early June. I ordered and installed a new accumulator but the line from the accumulator to the filter appears to be leaking (#30 https://store.delorean.com/parts/fue...lator-etc.html). I haven't removed it yet and it seems like the only way to do so without fully wrecking it is to separate the body from the frame.

My question is, has anyone bought the DI stainless version (https://deloreanindustries.com/delor...-feed-rear/#)? Is it flexible enough to be routed a bit differently? Or should I plan on having a custom fuel line made? (something like this, https://www.linestogo.com/hose-stain...ength-4976-08/)
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Our line requires the body tub to be removed for install.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Our line requires the body tub to be removed for install.
    Alright thanks for the info.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    3937

I replaced mine with a flexible hose from Midwest. Made for that location (length, strength, fittings on the ends, etc.) I couldn't get the old hard line out without mangling it or damaging something next to it, so I just left it where it was. It ain't going anywhere on it's own as I'm sure you can relate to.

Not sure where you might find the same hose for sale now as I think this was when Dave and Julee had a parts page only for their location. I don't think any of the franchises have that sort of thing anymore.

I went to town a couple seasons ago replacing fuel lines. Everything from the accumulator on back to the engine including all the lines right at the engine.

From the picture of parts on the dining room table, the line that replaced the hard line is the black coated one. The thick stainless braided one with the clear coating is the last one from the set and it is the one that goes from the filter to the engine.

IMG_1177.jpgIMG_0928.jpgIMG_2138.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I replaced mine with a flexible hose from Midwest. Made for that location (length, strength, fittings on the ends, etc.) I couldn't get the old hard line out without mangling it or damaging something next to it, so I just left it where it was. It ain't going anywhere on it's own as I'm sure you can relate to.

Not sure where you might find the same hose for sale now as I think this was when Dave and Julee had a parts page only for their location. I don't think any of the franchises have that sort of thing anymore.

I went to town a couple seasons ago replacing fuel lines. Everything from the accumulator on back to the engine including all the lines right at the engine.

From the picture of parts on the dining room table, the line that replaced the hard line is the black coated one. The thick stainless braided one with the clear coating is the last one from the set and it is the one that goes from the filter to the engine.

IMG_1177.jpgIMG_0928.jpgIMG_2138.jpg
    This is exactly what I need! As much as I dislike making phone calls I will be asking around to see if anyone can supply me with one of these. Thanks for letting me know these exist at all.

Yeah the old hard line is definitely not going anywhere anytime soon.

I have replaced the fuel lines on the engine. It seems this is turning into a might as well replace all of them kind of scenario.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    This is exactly what I need! As much as I dislike making phone calls I will be asking around to see if anyone can supply me with one of these. Thanks for letting me know these exist at all.

Yeah the old hard line is definitely not going anywhere anytime soon.

I have replaced the fuel lines on the engine. It seems this is turning into a might as well replace all of them kind of scenario.
    If none of the vendors sell one, check around locally in your area and see if you have a place close by that makes custom hydraulic hoses, they can make one for you easily if you let them know what type of fittings you need. Years ago, I went to a local hose shop by me and had them make custom A/C lines for my car, this was the place I went to in my area https://www.morelandhose.com/.