FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Trunk Tool Kits.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Those pumps can still cavitate but its quieter. I'm working to solve this now on an FG0089 as summer long highway cruises cause problems with weird noises at the fuel pressure regulator. Initial plan is to PWM the pump speed down as it's flow level is pretty overrated for any PRV.
    I've been thinking about PWM power for the fuel pump for quite a while. I think when I go EFI I can run without a return line. With Kjet you still need the return line because of the FV needs it.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    What are you disagreeing with, exactly? Everyone? Me? Something specific? You'd think after giving help for decades, you'd learn to address specifics.
    He never will. Look at the way he writes - compounded posts. Something's not right with him.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I've been thinking about PWM power for the fuel pump for quite a while. I think when I go EFI I can run without a return line. With Kjet you still need the return line because of the FV needs it.
    I think you will really, really enjoy the EFI process and highly encourage it

On topic:

Whatever spare parts you bring, be sure to dry-run a road side installation. Even something simple like belts.

When I lost the alternator belt on the highway last year I had a replacement, but had never tested my toolkit to see if I could remove the AC belt. I could not, and was forced to cut the AC belt off to replace the alternator belt. It was a blazing hot summer day and the return trip sucked.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    He never will. Look at the way he writes - compounded posts. Something's not right with him.

Quote Originally Posted by G̶r̶a̶n̶d̶p̶a̶ ̶S̶i̶m̶p̶s̶o̶n̶ David T
    One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere, like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3