DO NOT STICK YOUR METER PROBES INTO FUSE CONNECTORS.

That goes for any connector pins. Some time ago I got a returned fan fail unit for overheat warning. I tested the voltage drop and it was four times the normal. That results in four times the heat produced and the fan fail runs hot with normal voltage drop. Well that returned unit had almost no tension on the fuse connectors.

Anyway, normal meter leads are not rated for 10 amp currents. They will produce a one volt or more voltage drop and that along with the meter voltage drop will not provide you with accurate high current readings.

If you want to use your meter then make your own leads using the proper mating connectors. Cut up a fuse and solder on heavy wires to banana meter pins. Or better yet get a clamp on DC current meter. My clamp on meter has two ranges of 20 amps and 200 amps so if you can find one with range selection it's better reading lower currents.

For my fan fail, don't remove the fuses annually like you do with the OEM fuse block. My fan fail will signal the overheat warning to tell you the fuses need cleaning.