FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Passenger door switches

My VIN:    Jan '82 #11153

Passenger door switches

Is it possible for someone to send an actual picture showing the wiring for the two driver side push switches? This would be from the inside of the car. I have two wires not connected and can't figure out where they connect and HOW they connect. They are for the door open buzzer and door open "idiot" light on the dashboard.

Thanks!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The four wires should be grouped into two groups of two with some electrical tape. Each group goes to one of the switches, do NOT mix them up. It doesn't matter which group of two goes to which switch. Common for at least one of the wires to be disconnected so you don't get that warning buzzer going off all the time. The door open buzzer goes off if you open the door with the key in the ignition switch. If you connect the wires and you notice the interior courtesy lights will not go out make sure the switches in the lights are in the correct position and if that doesn't do it you are probably missing the rubber tip on the end of the door switch. A short piece of vacuum hose can be used if the tip is missing. Most owners also disconnect the light by the motor at the switch. If the light stays on too long the plastic housing will melt inside the light causing it to short out.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    Jan '82 #11153

Thanks. I got them connected properly now and understand what's happening.