FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Karma Automotive LLC sues Reimagined Automotive LLC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Karma Automotive LLC sues Reimagined Automotive LLC

Great. Just what we need. More drama in the DeLorean community. Which will will lead to more annoying comments/questions from the general public when out with the car.

https://www.law360.com/cases/62f13dd017a1b4734645da27

Electric Car Co. Says Workers Stole IP For DeLorean Project

By Katie Buehler

Law360 (August 8, 2022, 6:37 PM EDT) -- An electric car manufacturer on Monday in Texas federal court accused four former employees of swiping its trade secrets and forming a rival company in order to run off With a project that involves updating the famous DeLorean vehicle.

Karma Automotive LLC sued its former vice president of sales and customer experience and its former chief revenue officer, among others, in the Southern District of Texas. claiming they worked for about a year to form their own company, Reimagined Automotive LLC, which they used to steal a joint venture project with DeLorean Motor Co. out from under Karma Automotive.

The former employees - ex-Vice President Joost de Vries, ex-Chief Revenue Officer Alan Yuan, Troy Beetz and Neilo Harris - were all part of the Karma Automotive team tasked with developing and proposing ideas for the joint venture, referred to as Project 88, according to the lawsuit. In December 2020, the men allegedly grew tired of answering to Karma Automotive executives.

"Apparently, individual defendants grew dissatisfied with Karma's efforts to make Project 88 more detailed and viable, and instead decided to prevent Karma from being able to mqve forward with Project 88 so that they could seize the business opportunity for themselves," Karma Automotive said.

From December 2020 until February 2022, the four men allegedly worked to solicit investments for and pitch their new company, all while still being employed by Karma Automotive, according...
    I'm not a paid member of this site so that is all I can find out. (I guess you can register for free at the site but I just don't have time right now).
    Last edited by ssdelorean; 08-10-2022 at 08:39 AM. Reason: (added text)
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles