FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: drivers door window failed-help finding tread

My VIN:    nov 81

drivers door window failed-help finding tread

can someone help me find some pics for removing the door panels along bottom and possible window regulator removal and install? There must be a thread here somewhere with pics. my window regulator finally failed and im trying to remove everything to get it out. Thoughts on replacements from delorean go?

Thanks for your time.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

The regulator replacement thread you want is this one. It has nice photos for this job.

Workshop Manual: Pages P:03:04-05 cover the removal of the upper, then the lower panels, in that order, to gain access to the regulator and the drop glass carrier. You need to detach them from each other but at least the glass carrier stays in place for this job.

Page P:02:22 explains the regulator replacement. P:02:23 has a good diagram of the parts you'll be dealing with inside the door.

Take teardown photos so you remember which screw and bolt goes where.
    And, as noted in the linked how-to thread, take the time to line the inner edges of the holes in the stainless door panel to prevent nasty cuts.
    Last edited by Rich; 08-27-2022 at 06:53 PM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

No experience with the DGo regulator.

I have a good used left/driver side regulator for sale at a good price in case that's the one you need. Photos in the linked For Sale thread.

Original unit in good shape. No cracks, no noise, no rust. With plug/connector and bracket. Worked fine when removed in 2018, bench tests fine now.
    Last edited by Rich; 08-27-2022 at 06:54 PM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    No experience with the DGo regulator.

I have a good used left/driver side regulator for sale at a good price in case that's the one you need. Photos in the linked For Sale thread.

Original unit in good shape. No cracks, no noise, no rust. With plug/connector and bracket. Worked fine when removed in 2018, bench tests fine now.
    And to get a matched set, I have a NOS passenger side one.