FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weird question marks replacing quotes, apostrophes, and three dots

My VIN:    6125

Copying and pasting text from a web browser can also cause similar issues. I was copying text from an article on a website the other day and had to delete all the random ? that appeared and manually replace with " and ' where needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Simply put, if you are using anything modern, it will cause this problem.

dmctalk VB4 is old for 2023.
    Attachment 69312

Most forums have moved to XenForo as it?s easier to use and more modern, secure, etc. I admin on one of them.

I noticed the DMC forums are starting to die though. Many are moving to Facebook.

But I personally hate FB, so if DMC forums completely go belly up, I?ll just stay disconnected.
    I hope your wrong. (About the forums) I have the same feeling about FB.

My VIN:    6125

I'd love to see this forum get refreshed with modern software. E46Fanatics went through this process a few years ago and they are now running XenForo.

The new software allows for more customization (including dark mode) and the user experience feels like something of this decade and not the 1990's. The search function actually works! And you can also filter new content by sub-forums, like posts, and private messaging is greatly improved. Uploading and posting full size images inline with your post text is also much easier, and you don't have to maintain albums of photos to link to. And on and on.

I'm guessing it would not be worth the investment though.

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I'd love to see this forum get refreshed with modern software. E46Fanatics went through this process a few years ago and they are now running XenForo.

The new software allows for more customization (including dark mode) and the user experience feels like something of this decade and not the 1990's. The search function actually works! And you can also filter new content by sub-forums, like posts, and private messaging is greatly improved. Uploading and posting full size images inline with your post text is also much easier, and you don't have to maintain albums of photos to link to. And on and on.

I'm guessing it would not be worth the investment though.
    Yep, and you can tag people as well.

Only way I could see it happen here is if we all chip in as it takes significant time, effort, and $$
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

I'd be willing to at least discussing it. I'm a professional software engineer and super familiar with forums tech and SQL. My SWAG estimate is a week or so of effort.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2