FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: looking for custom wheel designer/fabricator in the US

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

looking for custom wheel designer/fabricator in the US

Can anyone recommend a custom wheel fabricator that can basically design a wheel based on a sample and machine it - here in the US?

The long story:
    I am one of those guys that have installed the rear rims in the front, mounted 205/50-15? tires and an UCA with a -3 camber and rolled fender lip and I absolutely love the result. Handling is much more responsive and it gives the car a much more up to date look (pic attached). So, I have been vacillating about what to do with the rear and ideally I think it would look great with the exact same rim design, only larger diameter and with a lower profile tire. Yes, DMCH offered something like that a few years ago but the proportions were off and it gave the car some sort of baller look. What I am thinking for the rear is a 16 or 17? rim. For example: A 16? dia, 8? wide and 8 mm offset rim and a 215/60-16 tire would work great. Another great option would be a 17? dia, 9? wide and 18mm offset rim with a 235/50-17 tire. Not sure which way I will ended up going at this point.

I have been recommended Roin Technology in Italy but I am sure there are a bunch of outfits like that in the US.

IMG_1204.jpg
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Vossen wheels in Miami may offer what you're looking for.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Augment Wheels

E-T wheels

Billet Specialties, inc

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Vossen wheels in Miami may offer what you're looking for.
    Thanks!
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4

Quote Originally Posted by mark w View Post
    Augment Wheels

E-T wheels

Billet Specialties, inc
    Great - much appreciated!