FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Excel Formula to Create Full VIN number

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Excel Formula to Create Full VIN number

Someone has probably already done this but I need an Excel formula to create the full Delorean VIN based upon the last five digits of the VIN. For example if the VIN is 6235 is there an Excel formula that can create the full VIN? (SCED...). This should be a fun challenging project for some Excel expert out there.
    Shannon

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Somewhat unrelated, but would very much appreciate if some decals could be reproduce to recreate the black lettering on the VIN plate of maybe what the later cars had, with the words ? DMC Delorean Motor Cars ? and below the vin ? Belfast N. Ireland. As seen in attached picture.

Was wondering if a decal or a micro sticker like this would sell?

I am myself not equipped to fabricate a decal, and I do mot have a plotter for to create sign.

DeloreanGo sells tiny stickers of fan logo to put on switched, so it is feasible for sure?
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    Someone has probably already done this but I need an Excel formula to create the full Delorean VIN based upon the last five digits of the VIN. For example if the VIN is 6235 is there an Excel formula that can create the full VIN? (SCED...). This should be a fun challenging project for some Excel expert out there.
    I'm not an Excel expert, but I could do it, if I had the criteria. Doesn't have to be Excel (VBA), could be Access, VB, C#, C++, Java, or any programming language really. And it could be put on the web easy enough. Shoot me an email of the rules for creating the full VIN, and I'll do it. Not really sure how to handle the check digit though, we'd have to talk about that.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    6125

My VIN:    2678

The model year is also included in the VIN. To get the model year from the last five digits, this would be helpful:

http://support.delorean.com/kb/a12/d...bers-vins.aspx

And here is another example how to calculate the VIN:

https://lukesandel.com/auto/delorean...VINdecode.html

Peter
    Always a filled fuel tank.

What is the purpose of this program? I mean, if you have the car and title, you have the vin. If you don?t, why do you want it? Sounds kind of nefarious.