FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Headliner advice/ thoughts

My VIN:    nov 81

Headliner advice/ thoughts

Hello
    I want to re do headliners. the middle section is starting to seperate. Anyways, Ive recovered headliners before so im familiar with process. Im going to remove them and strip them down to see if the boards are deteriorated first. If they are i will fork out the $350 for the fiberglass boards.

I am posting to see if anyone has done anything different that looks good. Maybe a different material? Different color? The car is late 81 with grey interior. The headliners are light grey(lighter grey than everything else maybe cause they are faded so much) but wondering if it would look better with Dark grey? Has anyone done something different they can share a pic of?

Thanks,

Dave

pic
    Attached Images

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

If and when my D's headliners need attention - I was considering alcantara or similar material. I love the alcantara headliners in my other vehicles.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    2245

Do a one piece headliner, it looks far better than stock.

Headliner2.jpg

My VIN:    4792

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post

Headliner2.jpg
    Wow, Looks sharp! Great idea if you've already taken care of bolting down the roof box, and other jobs that require headliner material

In my experience, unless you want something custom, the complete headliners from DMC are fantastic in fit and finish.

Headliner2.jpg
    I do like this. Having a hard time finding it. Where did you get it from?
    Also do you guys think it would look good doing black or dark grey headliner with light grey interior?
    I kind of want to try it just to have a contrast.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Yes, I have seen a black headliner in a grey interior car. I liked it! Go for it!

My VIN:    2245

Just attach the two boards together. I think I used washers and rivets, and a strip of aluminum to straiten the sagging rear fiber board. The one pictured is't my car I just didn't have a picture on hand.

Just attach the two boards together. I think I used washers and rivets, and a strip of aluminum to straiten the sagging rear fiber board. The one pictured is't my car I just didn't have a picture on hand.

perfect thank you. I will try that. I just took mine out and made quite a mess. sheered one of the visor screws, removed all the sealer and velcro strips the was used to hold them in place that was stuck to the roof, and spent an hour scraping all the old foam and glue off.
    I ordered a roll of black synthetic suede liner and will try the middle sections to see how they come out. If my patience holds out and Im able to make it look how i want then it will be a successful $50 project. Ill share pics when done.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

While we're at it, suggestions on securing the inner wining harnesses to the roof? The guide with the DGo roof bolt down kit
    suggests use of gorilla tape, which isn't ideal and may not work - the roof is quite rough.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast