FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Delorean guy buying broken outboards? Why!?!?!?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Delorean guy buying broken outboards? Why!?!?!?

Howdy Folks,

Long time car guy, was looking for a project to do while I wait for all this snow to melt. I decided to take it to the next level and make a silly Youtube channel to document the experience and all the other wacky vehicle/boat stuff I do. So long story short;

I spent the last two weeks buying as many small outboard motors off Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. My criteria was as follows;

-Not running, will not start, etc.
    -60 miles from Boston was the search radius
    -If the motor was under $100, I just bought it
    -If the motor was over $100, I offered half and if anyone said yes I bought it.

I ended up with twelve random outboards and just posted my second video last night. I plan to go through each one, fix them up, maybe sell them and report everything on video. Once I am done with this outboard project, I just bought a 20? $300 boat (cheapest ?ran when parked? boat within 30 miles) and hauled it home. I don?t think I can post a link to my Youtube channel, but if you go to Youtube and search for, ?Parts Cannon Garage? that is my new channel name.

I have no idea what I am doing so I could use all the help I can get. If you are bored, check it out and if I am doing something stupid please let me know.

Thank you folks and happy time traveling!

https://youtu.be/9WUN3RTgpV0

Cool This thing on?

Quote Originally Posted by dspan View Post
    Howdy Folks,

Long time car guy, was looking for a project to do while I wait for all this snow to melt. I decided to take it to the next level and make a silly Youtube channel to document the experience and all the other wacky vehicle/boat stuff I do. So long story short;

I spent the last two weeks buying as many small outboard motors off Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. My criteria was as follows;

-Not running, will not start, etc.
    -60 miles from Boston was the search radius
    -If the motor was under $100, I just bought it
    -If the motor was over $100, I offered half and if anyone said yes I bought it.

I ended up with twelve random outboards and just posted my second video last night. I plan to go through each one, fix them up, maybe sell them and report everything on video. Once I am done with this outboard project, I just bought a 20? $300 boat (cheapest ?ran when parked? boat within 30 miles) and hauled it home. I don?t think I can post a link to my Youtube channel, but if you go to Youtube and search for, ?Parts Cannon Garage? that is my new channel name.

I have no idea what I am doing so I could use all the help I can get. If you are bored, check it out and if I am doing something stupid please let me know.

Thank you folks and happy time traveling!

https://youtu.be/9WUN3RTgpV0
    I can?t seem to find my own post without logging in and it seems no one is viewing it. It could be way off topic or is boring which is fine but trying to see if it is quarantined or something because I added a link. ? smh

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I can?t seem to find my own post without logging in and it seems no one is viewing it. It could be way off topic or is boring which is fine but trying to see if it is quarantined or something because I added a link. ? smh
    If you look at your thread where it is listed in the Open Discussion section, it will show how many times it has been viewed (currently 297).
    Usually, the OP will receive a PM when something is "quarantined"/deleted/moved/...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    If you look at your thread where it is listed in the Open Discussion section, it will show how many times it has been viewed (currently 297).
    Usually, the OP will receive a PM when something is "quarantined"/deleted/moved/...
    Never got a notification for your reply, thank you for the info. I think I fixed my notifications too.

My VIN:    4328

Never got a notification for your reply, thank you for the info. I think I fixed my notifications too.
    No offense , but it's a DELOREAN forum. Just cause u own one, doesn't mean anyone cares about the whole outboard motor buying gig