FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Touching up the Fascias

My VIN:    10187

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Touching up the Fascias

Hey gang couple questions pertaining to the fascias and appearance.

1) I have an early ?82 and this a more matte set of fascias, which is cool and all. But what products do you guys use to shine them up and de-scratch them? I used NuFinish and it?s ok but doesn?t really make a difference, and I don?t want to use compound or stuff like that.

2) I have a small chip of paint missing on the rear, is there anything that?s a close match that you?ve used? Like a paint pen or something close in color?

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

https://www.collinite.com/product/no...er-doublecoat/

I use this on my original paint facias to protect them. I have a later car with satin as well. When I get them repainted I plan to ceramic coat them. I also use 476S on my other cars painted wheels to help keep brake dust from sticking - works well.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by mwesten View Post
    Hey gang couple questions pertaining to the fascias and appearance.

1) I have an early ?82 and this a more matte set of fascias, which is cool and all. But what products do you guys use to shine them up and de-scratch them? I used NuFinish and it?s ok but doesn?t really make a difference, and I don?t want to use compound or stuff like that.

2) I have a small chip of paint missing on the rear, is there anything that?s a close match that you?ve used? Like a paint pen or something close in color?
    If you don't know what you're doing, bring it to a body shop that seems to be focused on classic cars and customs (not MAACO). The tech there will do whatever he can to make it the best possible. After that, if you still don't like it, you'll need a repaint.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    10187

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    If you don't know what you're doing, bring it to a body shop that seems to be focused on classic cars and customs (not MAACO). The tech there will do whatever he can to make it the best possible. After that, if you still don't like it, you'll need a repaint.
    So I’m not to that point yet. I have other more pressing needs to figure out, but in the meantime want her to look good where I can control it. Just curious what folks are using other than professional repainting.