FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Vacuum Solenoid Connector Missing

My VIN:    10187

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Vacuum Solenoid Connector Missing

Hey all - I?ve been told the vacuum solenoid on the backside of the engine should have a wire connected to the male prongs? but I can?t for the life of me locate anything that would connect to it. Can anyone tell/show me what the wire looks like that goes there?

B8D2CEB2-6A97-4AB8-8F73-ABD4951FA882.jpg

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Should be a Black with Blue stripe wire. The other end of it connects to the Black with Light Green stripe wire connected to the Idle Speed Switch. The other wire in the plug is Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Should be a Black with Blue stripe wire. The other end of it connects to the Black with Light Green stripe wire connected to the Idle Speed Switch. The other wire in the plug is Green.
    Thx for the reply. It?s weird because I?m not seeing any black/blue wire available to connect. The idle speed MS has a black and black/green wire coming from it straight to the engine wiring harness. Ignoring the idle speed motor assuming you meant the idle MS.

There is a set of 3 wires (black and black/blue) that feed into one of those white plastic push-in connectors (the kind with the two circles). This one?s not connected to anything.

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by mwesten View Post
    Thx for the reply. It?s weird because I?m not seeing any black/blue wire available to connect. The idle speed MS has a black and black/green wire coming from it straight to the engine wiring harness. Ignoring the idle speed motor assuming you meant the idle MS.

There is a set of 3 wires (black and black/blue) that feed into one of those white plastic push-in connectors (the kind with the two circles). This one?s not connected to anything.
    I just addressed this in another owner's post this morning - https://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1...oking-for-help
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Yes, back to the idle speed micro switch.
    VS Wiring.jpg

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mwesten View Post
    Hey all - I?ve been told the vacuum solenoid on the backside of the engine should have a wire connected to the male prongs? but I can?t for the life of me locate anything that would connect to it. Can anyone tell/show me what the wire looks like that goes there?
    No, it is connected to two wires with on connector.

First view is from left side with its 2-pin female connector in place on solenoid.
    Second view (fuzzier) is from above with female connector removed, showing the 2 holes for the twin male pins on the solenoid.
    (there is no polarity on this plug - it works in either orientation)

DSC07371.jpg DSC07372.jpg
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Well, I found it! Thanks everybody for your input. Love this place.

For those wondering, for some reason the connector seemed to have been stuffed under the crossbar brace behind the engine.