FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Lambda Sensor Switch availability

Lambda Sensor Switch availability

Hello everyone. I have a sort of emergency regarding the Lambda switch connected to the Y-pipe in the valley. I just had my water pump replaced, along with other parts in he valley. My mechanic noted that the plastic housing on the Lambda sensor switch was loose. He asked if I could buy a replacement. However, I told him that the sensor was not available. DMC says they are working on a replacement. Delorean Go in the UK is selling one for $659! Is this the only version now available? I need to replace mine because mechanic had the car all buttoned up, but now coolant is actually pushing through the sensor and leaking out through the loose plastic housing!

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I don't hear anything within a day or so, I guess I'll need to but the Delorean Go version.

Thanks!

Paul

I checked out the Delorean Go site, and they had one sensor left in stock (for $659). I was nervous that I'd miss it, so I purchased it. Now they are out of stock. I know it was way too much money for that, and may have been a mistake to pay that, but at least I can replace it now.

My VIN:    03500

DeLorean Northwest says that there in stock $100.
    Otherwise I would call Midwest or one of the other ones to see what they might have. They all have stuff that's not listed. They don't throw useful stuff away.
    Delorean Europe has them listed for 185 euro.

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 11-07-2023 at 11:06 AM.

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by sweetp01569 View Post
    Hello everyone. I have a sort of emergency regarding the Lambda switch connected to the Y-pipe in the valley. I just had my water pump replaced, along with other parts in he valley. My mechanic noted that the plastic housing on the Lambda sensor switch was loose. He asked if I could buy a replacement. However, I told him that the sensor was not available. DMC says they are working on a replacement. Delorean Go in the UK is selling one for $659! Is this the only version now available? I need to replace mine because mechanic had the car all buttoned up, but now coolant is actually pushing through the sensor and leaking out through the loose plastic housing!

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I don't hear anything within a day or so, I guess I'll need to but the Delorean Go version.

Thanks!

Paul
    Damn, $659.00 for that switch?

I know you feel under pressure but I'm sure someone would have had a used one, most of us don't throw things away. Come to think of it, that switch doesn't really do anything unless the car is warming up near freezing temperature. It is suppose to enrich the mixture to the same fixed ratio as the full throttle switch. The manual says it's active (grounded) below 59F but in practice it doesn't do anything unless it's nearly freezing or worse outside. I just checked mine last week and it wasn't closed (checked at pin 7 on the Lambda ECU) even with engine temp at 42F according to my IR thermometer. Personally I would consider just buying a square plug and forgetting about it if I had to pay $659 to make it work.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Thanks, Dave. I should've been more patient! lol. I ordered on from Delorean Northwest. Once that order is confirmed, I'll see if I can cancel the Delorean Go order.'

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    DeLorean Northwest says that there in stock $100.
    Otherwise I would call Midwest or one of the other ones to see what they might have. They all have stuff that's not listed. They don't throw useful stuff away.
    Delorean Europe has them listed for 185 euro.

Dave B.

My VIN:    03572

EFI guys probably have a used one since the lambda is EFI controlled.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/