FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Procedure CO2 % setting

Procedure CO2 % setting

good morning to all of you. I'm finally covering the first kilometers with my Delorean. after having overhauled the kjtronic distributor and set the pressures I would like to correctly set the CO2 value using an official tool. the car has its factory catalytic converter. What is the reference value for CO2 at the exhaust? Is it necessary to disconnect the oxygen sensor when carrying out this measurement? thank you all! ))

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8T utilizzando Tapatalk

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

In Italy this meter (dwell) is unobtainable. I have the workshop's digital meter available for measuring fumes. it is expressed in %. thanks a lot to everyone.

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by alexdmc1 View Post
    In Italy this meter (dwell) is unobtainable. I have the workshop's digital meter available for measuring fumes. it is expressed in %. thanks a lot to everyone.

Exhaust sniffer is probably more accurate anyway, only downside is you don't have a convenient way to check if the full throttle switch works and a couple other O2 sensor related checks found in the shop manual while hooked up to just one unit. But all can be checked with a multimeter.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Exhaust sniffer is probably more accurate anyway, only downside is you don't have a convenient way to check if the full throttle switch works and a couple other O2 sensor related checks found in the shop manual while hooked up to just one unit. But all can be checked with a multimeter.
    Down side is your not centering the lambda system. You can read good values at the time of measurement with a wide adjustment of the mixture screw.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Down side is your not centering the lambda system. You can read good values at the time of measurement with a wide adjustment of the mixture screw.
    Thanks!

Hi everyone. I'll get back to the topic if you don't mind. I purchased a multimeter for work which has a perhaps useful setting: HZ,%. according to many videos using a Dwell device the correct values ​​would be between 15-20. instead, using the new device, what values ​​should I find? thank you allIMG_20240123_185047.jpgIMG_20240123_185144.jpgIMG_20240123_185116.jpg

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by alexdmc1 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'll get back to the topic if you don't mind. I purchased a multimeter for work which has a perhaps useful setting: HZ,%. according to many videos using a Dwell device the correct values ​​would be between 15-20. instead, using the new device, what values ​​should I find? thank you allIMG_20240123_185047.jpgIMG_20240123_185144.jpgIMG_20240123_185116.jpg

Percent on none automotive meters will read backwards. They use the positive pulse to reference percentage. Automotive meters use the negative. They still work fine but if your looking for 35 to 40% that would read 65 to 60% on a meter for electronics work.

So normal cold start running you would read 50% with either type meter.

Wide open throttle would read 60% on automotive but 40% on electronics meter.

Percent values would be book dwell values times 1.1
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 01-23-2024 at 01:31 PM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

OP I have a dwell meter for sale if you need one. $50.
    dwell meter (1).jpg
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Percent on none automotive meters will read backwards. They use the positive pulse to reference percentage. Automotive meters use the negative. They still work fine but if your looking for 35 to 40% that would read 65 to 60% on a meter for electronics work.

So normal cold start running you would read 50% with either type meter.

Wide open throttle would read 60% on automotive but 40% on electronics meter.

Percent values would be book dwell values times 1.1
    Sorry for the delay, if I have to multiply the standard permanence values by 1.1 the values on the digital device are:

Range by manual:

35?-45? dwell analog

38,85%(35?x1,11) - 49,95%(45?x1,11)

Its correct?

Thaks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast