FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Dash pads?

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Dash pads?

I've been out of the loop for some time, and since I've been installing some electronics under the dash, I feel now would be a good time to replace the pad since the covering I originally put on it, apparently 8 years ago, seems to be failing. Are there still no vendors other than DMCH selling dash pads?
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    #4595

I haven't used them, but remember that Covercraft had some available -- https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/sho...2/dash-covers/

Others may be able to give feedback on quality, etc.

My VIN:    03500

I believe he's talking about the dash part of the car. Not a dashmat, which what Covercraft makes.
    DMCH I believe is the only one that has it.
    If you get one, be careful putting it in they are a bit fragile!

Dave B.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Correct, looking for actual dash pad options. So I guess it is either Just Dashes, DMCH or recovering the damn thing again.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Correct, looking for actual dash pad options. So I guess it is either Just Dashes, DMCH or recovering the damn thing again.
    Just Dashes is $$$$$. I would recover your original, again. The repro dashes from DMCH are nice, but sitting in another owners car that had one I could see from the top all the dimples in it where the mounting studs were under it. Don't get me wrong, it's not "in your face", but I noticed them.

My VIN:    2245

Go with just dashes if you want the best result, the DMCH version is cheap junk. I knew a guy that put one in, it looked terrible and after a while where it was rubbing the door the paint wore off and it was white plastic underneath. He said he regretted putting it in especially because he destroyed his original dash getting it out, he used a sawzall. It really made the car look bad, after some time he was able to find a old dashboard someone was getting rid of. It was beat up, but far better than that junk part. Then he just put a dash mat over it.

It also made the car sound cheap, I think it's because it has a hollow plastic sound when the NOS dash has foam.

My VIN:    15275

I currently have a dash to try to revacum form

If you want to wait a little while i will let you know how this turns out.. or feel free to send me yours and i can try it also....it will not be as expensive as just dashes but will be up there in price...lol

Thanks for the insight fellas, I 'preciate it. Just dashes wants $2300 + shipping to restore the pad & glove box lid and while the money isn't a problem, the 4-5 month wait, is, and that is if I got it there today. I was expecting they might be a month or two out with orders but I can't really go summer months without a dash in my car, especially during hurricane season so that option will have to be put on hold. After reading more negative than positive about it, I don't want the DMCH dash so apparently my only immediate option is to recover it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    If you want to wait a little while i will let you know how this turns out.. or feel free to send me yours and i can try it also....it will not be as expensive as just dashes but will be up there in price...lol
    I would be interested to see how yours turns out.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    15275

hi

yeah i will keep you all posted .. i am finishing up 4 more rear armrest pieces at the moment then have a few more.. and will try to mess with this dash in the mean time...lol

I have the DMCH reproduction dash installed in my car. It's definitely feels a bit cheap when you handle it outside of the car, but once installed it completely fine. It took a bit of adjusting, which i'm sure any dashboard would when installing, but once I got it adjusted properly it fits great. No rubbing on anything it shouldn't be rubbing on. I was worried about squeaking and rattling while driving, but so far have not had any of that. If you do go that route, be gentle when securing it down. Those studs will break off if you over tighten...even by hand.

I still have my old sun damaged and cracked dashboard, and would be very interested in what it would cost to get it redone. I'm keeping it around for if/when this DMCH dash starts to bother me.

Erik