FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Looks like the Alpha V is on life support

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by seventy4burban View Post
    Okay maybe I've been in a bubble but throughout the years I've always heard of the talk about an electric Delorean or some type of new style DeLorean branded car but that was all coming out of Houston. When did San Antonio come into the picture? Did Stephen sell the rights? With my car sitting for several years I've haven't had any direct contact with Stephen or James since the last time I went through Houston. I have ordered parts from DMCH here and there but not much more than that.
    Yes, you missed a few developments and a lot of churning and misinformation if the DeLorean Alpha5 concept car and DMR are new to you. DMR is a new entity based for now in San Antonio. Their DeLorean Alpha 5 debuted on the Concept Lawn at Pebble Beach to much fanfare in August, 2022.

The concept car was designed and built for DMR by Ital Design, the same outfit that did the DMC-12 so long ago.

See the DMR webpages about the car, including many images and a few specs, at https://delorean.com/alpha5/

Is the Alpha 5 designed so far as a EV with gullwing doors and something like a louvered rear sunshade? Yes.
    And is it a 2 seat sports car clad in stainless steel that looks a lot like a DMC-12? No, none of that shows up.

DeLorean Classic is running much as it did before Stephen Wynne took part interest in DMR, presumably in return for exclusive but not necessarily permanent, trademark rights to the use of the DeLorean brand name for use on their planned line of EV autos. There?s a link to DeLorean Classic?s website in the main DMR menu and you can still access it the old way at http://classicdmc.com

Safe to say that Stephen?s team at Classic won?t be producing any new-build EVs in Houston/Humble TX that will look like DMC-12s. At least not for a while.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    .... <snip>....

The concept car was designed and built for DMR by Ital Design, the same outfit that did the DMC-12 so long ago.

....<snip>
    The Alpha is technically a re-design by Ital Design from their previous 2019DaVinci concept.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

My VIN:    11326

Yes, you missed a few developments and a lot of churning and misinformation if the DeLorean Alpha5 concept car and DMR are new to you. DMR is a new entity based for now in San Antonio. Their DeLorean Alpha 5 debuted on the Concept Lawn at Pebble Beach to much fanfare in August, 2022.

See the DMR webpages about the car, including many images and a few specs, at https://delorean.com/alpha5/

Is the Alpha 5 designed so far as a EV with gullwing doors and something like a louvered rear sunshade? Yes.
    And is it a 2 seat sports car clad in stainless steel that looks a lot like a DMC-12? No, none of that shows up.

DeLorean Classic is running much as it did before Stephen Wynne took part interest in DMR, presumably in return for exclusive but not necessarily permanent, trademark rights to the use of the DeLorean brand name for use on their planned line of EV autos. There?s a link to DeLorean Classic?s website in the main DMR menu and you can still access it the old way at http://classicdmc.com

Safe to say that Stephen?s team at Classic won?t be producing any new-build EVs in Houston/Humble TX that will look like DMC-12s. At least not for a while.
    Wild

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Brian
    Bluffton, South Carolina

My toys
    2019 Dodge Challenger Widebody SCAT Pack
    2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    1982 Delorean DMC-12
    1974 Chevy Suburban

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Oh, one more nugget I forgot, several of the aforementioned executives at DeLorean Motors Reimagined are being sued by their former employer, Karma Automotive, for theft of intellectual property and breach of contract. Wild indeed.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    Oh, one more nugget I forgot, several of the aforementioned executives at DeLorean Motors Reimagined are being sued by their former employer, Karma Automotive, for theft of intellectual property and breach of contract. Wild indeed.
    As shown in the following link there was a development in that action last September:

Case Closed: Karma And DeLorean Are No Longer At Odds

Karma Automotive sued DeLorean Motors Reimagined in 2022. However, Karma now asked the judge to dismiss the case. It was granted.

From here on out, Karma Automotive and DeLorean Motors Reimagined are operating as normal. Both automakers have bold plans for the future. Karma is launching a new lineup of EVs, and DeLorean is set on becoming a publicly-traded company.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

As shown in the following link there was a development in that action last September:

Case Closed: Karma And DeLorean Are No Longer At Odds

Karma Automotive sued DeLorean Motors Reimagined in 2022. However, Karma now asked the judge to dismiss the case. It was granted.

From here on out, Karma Automotive and DeLorean Motors Reimagined are operating as normal. Both automakers have bold plans for the future. Karma is launching a new lineup of EVs, and DeLorean is set on becoming a publicly-traded company.
    '

Ahh, thanks for the update. Can't wait to buy DMR stock!
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

and it seems their new headquarters is in a bar that doesn't have working phones. (Thanks to Michael for that last bit of information) I think that covers it.
    Just to clarify, their new headquarters is a 5 story complex that does event hosting, I believe their is a rooftop bar/ Lounge and a restaurant. They operate in that building.

So a few months ago I did some poking and prodding and found a number for the address they claim to be at. It is rented under another company and I don't remember the name or what they do but I could find out if it matters. I called and spoke to a woman there who said they rented out half their space (sublet) to DeLorean since they mostly now work from home.

In other words, DMR needed a cheaper place but still needed the apperance of being successful, so they can technically put their name on this fancy building but they are renting half an office that another company uses. It's a bit like me renting my brother's garage to keep from being homeless.

Their excuse was to be closer to the hub of San Antionio...but the two locations are only a few blocks apart....and they disconnected their phones because they don't use them?? The red flags are growing exponentially here folks.

FB_IMG_1719063155551.jpgFB_IMG_1719063158298.jpg

PS: I'm skeptical as can be and I am not afraid to voice my concern and doubt...if they were not so dodgy and sketchy in not only their actions, but their timeline and their unwillingness to be honest and open with their customers (who they call investors for some reason), I wouldn't be so harsh on a startup car company because at least I would feel their intentions were honorable even if their concept or business plan was weak. I think this was just a fly by night money grab.

Also...this is the company that sublets half their office space to DMR

https://www.a360inc.com/
    Last edited by Michael; 06-22-2024 at 09:47 AM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    ~Snip PS: I'm skeptical as can be and I am not afraid to voice my concern and doubt...if they were not so dodgy and sketchy in not only their actions, but their timeline and their unwillingness to be honest and open with their customers (who they call investors for some reason), I wouldn't be so harsh on a startup car company because at least I would feel their intentions were honorable even if their concept or business plan was weak. I think this was just a fly by night money grab.

Also...this is the company that sublets half their office space to DMR

https://www.a360inc.com/
    While I'm not an attorney nor do I have a background in law, I believe I have a good reason why DMR uses the term "investors" rather than "customers", investors put money in with a reasonable expectation that their money may be risked and lost with nothing to show for it and that's the way the cookie crumbles. Customers who put down a deposit have a reasonable expectation they will receive something for their money and if they do not receive what they were promised, will have legal recourse to recover their money. Which buttresses your theory that this enterprise in nothing more than a money grab. (Which I think too.)
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

While I'm not an attorney nor do I have a background in law, I believe I have a good reason why DMR uses the term "investors" rather than "customers", investors put money in with a reasonable expectation that their money may be risked and lost with nothing to show for it and that's the way the cookie crumbles. Customers who put down a deposit have a reasonable expectation they will receive something for their money and if they do not receive what they were promised, will have legal recourse to recover their money. Which buttresses your theory that this enterprise in nothing more than a money grab. (Which I think too.)
    I'm guessing the contract reads something to the effect of "you bought an NFT...if you don't get a car, what can you do about it?...Not a Facking Thing" NFT yo!
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'm guessing the contract reads something to the effect of "you bought an NFT...if you don't get a car, what can you do about it?...Not a Facking Thing" NFT yo!
    I wouldn't be surprised if the contract has a on it.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast