FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Turn Signals

My VIN:    17040

Turn Signals

So I rebuilt the mode switch a couple of days ago. Removed the radio and accessed from there. I noticed yesterday I had no turn signals or emergency blinker. I checked the appropriate fuse and it was good. I'm thinking that I may have knocked off a wire going to the emergency blinker switch. Since both the emergency blinker and the turn signals are on the same circuit, would it be safe to assume that is the likely culprit, a wire not connected correctly to the back of the blinker switch? I'm going to check anyway, but figured I'd ask first.

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by NOWAX View Post
    So I rebuilt the mode switch a couple of days ago. Removed the radio and accessed from there. I noticed yesterday I had no turn signals or emergency blinker. I checked the appropriate fuse and it was good. I'm thinking that I may have knocked off a wire going to the emergency blinker switch. Since both the emergency blinker and the turn signals are on the same circuit, would it be safe to assume that is the likely culprit, a wire not connected correctly to the back of the blinker switch? I'm going to check anyway, but figured I'd ask first.
    Before doing anything, check Fuse #4, this is for the directional indicators, hazards, and brake lights (except very early cars).

If the fuse is good, it would seem you have some kind of issue at the green wire going into the hazard switch. Could simply be that the plug on the back of the switch is loose or fell off. Unlikely to be a problem with the turn signal stalk or switch if the hazards are ALSO not working.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Thanks for the info. I checked fuse #4 when I first noticed the problem and it was fine. Guess I'll get back behind there and check the connections!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Don't forget the flasher relay. You may have not even touched it but coincidences happen.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Sure enough, it was the connector to the hazard switch. It was pulled out just enough to not make connection!