FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: FS: Original Used Fuel Lines

My VIN:    01495

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

FS: Original Used Fuel Lines

$100 + Shipping - paypal only

13 used fuel lines, removed last year from my car with approximately 45k miles. They were fully working at the time, and appear to be in good shape, despite the age. There are no cracks in the rubber, however, one of the frequency valve lines had to be cut in order to remove it. The fittings are in good shape, but some show corrosion. Shipping box is 12x10x7, 4 lbs 5 ounces, from 45005.
    DSC03388.jpg
    DSC03389.jpg
    DSC03390.jpg
    DSC03391.jpg
    DSC03392.jpg
    DSC03393.jpg
    DSC03394.jpg
    DSC03395.jpg
    DSC03397.jpg
    DSC03396.jpg
    DSC03398.jpg

My VIN:    4328

Throw those in the garbage. I don't think anyone would even take em for free

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    Throw those in the garbage. I don't think anyone would even take em for free
    I appreciate the feedback, but the same could be said for the early underpowered alternator, and NTC tires, but people still buy them.

My VIN:    6125

The banjo fittings can be removed and refurbished/re-plated to make new fuel hose assemblies, so these used parts do still have some value.

Back in the early 2010's I had to return all of my used fuel hoses to John Hervey as cores. He was building most of his hoses from existing fittings rather than purchasing all the ends new. I'm assuming at this point all of the vendors selling fuel hoses are making them with new ends, but that's how he did it back in the day.

I don't think anyone should be running used fuel hoses, but that's just my opinion.

But to say there are "no cracks" in the rubber is a bit dubious. The condition of the outer rubber cover (cracks or not) doesn't affect the ability of the hose to hold pressure, and is just a protective shield for abrasion. The nylon tube inside the hose is what matters and is impossible to inspect without stripping off the outer rubber cover.

My VIN:    2245

I'll take them for the fittings for $15. No one is going to want to install those, as is, in their car.
    Last edited by r00b; 05-07-2024 at 09:24 PM.

My VIN:    16506

Jeremy,
    I'd just keep them as backup (just in case).
    I and Dave B. have seen "new" ones bad out of the box and not too far down the road. Not saying all new is bad, but some were/are.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

PRICE IS OBO.

Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post
    I'll take them for the fittings for $15. No one is going to want to install those, as is, in their car.
    I may consider it if I don't get anymore offers, but I may keep them if they are only worth $15.

Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    Jeremy,
    I'd just keep them as backup (just in case).
    I and Dave B. have seen "new" ones bad out of the box and not too far down the road. Not saying all new is bad, but some were/are.
    I have so many "backup" delorean parts at this point, that I feel crazy keeping them all, but I might just do that if these aren't worth much. I was just trying to offset the cost of the new ones. Thanks for the feedback.

My VIN:    2245

I doubt you'll get another offer, It's seems like everyone wants to pay thew the nose for vendor fuel lines when you could simply replace the nylon lines in your kitchen for a around $30. With shipping I think $15 is to much so I'm out.

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

As the cost of a new set of fuel lines is slightly lower than the cost of repairs from an engine fire, I see some value in "Paying through the nose" for these lines. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post
    I doubt you'll get another offer, It's seems like everyone wants to pay thew the nose for vendor fuel lines when you could simply replace the nylon lines in your kitchen for a around $30. With shipping I think $15 is to much so I'm out.
    someone watches Shark Tank..