FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Transmission jerk on downshift 3nd to 2nd low Speed no pedal gas

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by alexdmc1 View Post
    This Is my replacement unit. Attachment 70639

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8T utilizzando Tapatalk
    Well, it is malfunctioning. Maybe send it back for repair or replacement? Maybe there is some kind of warranty?
    David Teitelbaum

I should have a guarantee. I wanted to remind you that when you move the lever to second gear manually it works perfectly. shifting from: 1-2 and 2-3 works perfectly. the downshift from 2-1 also works both cold and hot... if it were a computer problem it shouldn't always do it... in my case only the 3-2 shift without accelerating stops working.... the problem arises when I don't use the pedal. the downshift from 3-2 by pressing the pedal works perfectly.....

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Hi Ron. I just did the test with the lights. At first everything works perfectly. the lights come on and the automatic transmission shifts correctly. when it warms up and in third gear at low speed I don't press the accelerator pedal, the car remains in third gear, the lamps are both off and the problems begin..... thanks for your help

I'm assuming that, after "the lamps are both off and the problems begin", the lights remain OFF while it coasts along for a bit of time acting up?? If so, I would try repeating the test and pulling fuse #13 when it starts the problems....If it does not settle down then and stay in third (assuming you still have high speed), I'd suspect something else since the solenoids should be disabled then (no shifting) and pulling the fuse should accomplish that....

(I guess you know driving at low speeds w/o fuse#13 is hard on the lower gear clutch packs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I'm assuming that, after "the lamps are both off and the problems begin", the lights remain OFF while it coasts along for a bit of time acting up?? If so, I would try repeating the test and pulling fuse #13 when it starts the problems....If it does not settle down then and stay in third (assuming you still have high speed), I'd suspect something else since the solenoids should be disabled then (no shifting) and pulling the fuse should accomplish that....

(I guess you know driving at low speeds w/o fuse#13 is hard on the lower gear clutch packs.)
    HI. I wasn't able to take the test you asked for. I find it very difficult to do this. I'm afraid of ruining the newly installed clutches. the problem only comes out when the car is warm, during the first kilometres, the car works perfectly, it seems strange to me that it is an electronic problem. because the gearbox works perfectly when you go from first to second and from second to third.... it makes me think that maybe it's a design problem. I hope other people with automatic transmissions are reading these posts too.....

My VIN:    03572

HI. I wasn't able to take the test you asked for. I find it very difficult to do this. I'm afraid of ruining the newly installed clutches. the problem only comes out when the car is warm, during the first kilometres, the car works perfectly, it seems strange to me that it is an electronic problem. because the gearbox works perfectly when you go from first to second and from second to third.... it makes me think that maybe it's a design problem. I hope other people with automatic transmissions are reading these posts too.....

Not saying it is electronics but, yes an IC or transistor can work fine cold and completely fail hot. Let it cool off and it will repeat the same.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

HI. I wasn't able to take the test you asked for. I find it very difficult to do this. I'm afraid of ruining the newly installed clutches.
    Remove the fuse and run two wires with male spade connectors to the fuse box. Connect them with a switch to make it easier.
    The test shouldn't bother the clutches since you would be performing the test at a medium to high MPH, no load (3rd gear). Just make sure you turn the switch back on before you try to pull off from a standstill (low MPH, load).
    Note that the GC calls for 3rd gear by turning off both solenoids -- Pulling Fuse #13 does the same thing. If there is no power, nothing else (such as a bad part, short, etc.) can turn the solenoid(s) on.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4