FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Groaning from front suspension/brakes on 2019 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    3937

Groaning from front suspension/brakes on 2019 Chevy Cruze

Just thought I'd see if any of you had ideas or confirmation for what I might be looking at with an issue on my 2019 Chevy Cruze.

A week or two ago I started to hear a groaning noise coming from what seems like the front right corner. It only happens during braking and furthermore, usually only is heard when coming close to a stop (i.e. going pretty slow). It is rhythmic, and seems to be in time to a rotation of the wheel. Since it's only ever happening when I am pressing the brake pedal, I assume it is brakes related. It's not a grinding noise like what you get when the rotors have surface rust on them after sitting wet. This is a groan. I can't say for certain what else is consistent about it doing it more or less, quiet or louder, just that it seems to not do it immediately after leaving the house, but starts after a mile or so around town.

I am thinking that it is a caliper sticking. That sound about right to you? I don't feel anything getting hot to the touch like it's stuck on entirely. I can handle a caliper rebuild and just taking it to a local brake shop to get it done. Just makes me wonder if it's a bearing or something else more significant. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    nov 81 6900-

my money is on the bearing... can you lift that corner and check?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by glockworks21 View Post
    my money is on the bearing... can you lift that corner and check?
    Yes, I can... am I just trying to grab hold of the wheel and give it a shake and see if it feels loose?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior