FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Full throttle microswitch

My VIN:    2883

Full throttle microswitch

Hi everyone, I’ve got a bit of a random question I was hoping you could help me with. I’m putting my car, 2883, back together after doing a major service on it. I had the inlet manifold off and took the throttle spool apart for cleaning and lubricating. It’s been a few weeks since I took everything apart and I’ve gone to put the full throttle micro switch back on and there is 2 thin screws that secure it to the bracket holding the throttle spool on. But I can’t remember if there are 2 nuts that go onto the bolts that hold the switch on. Section 2 subsection 3 of the parts manual only shows the switch (item 15) and a securing plate (item 16) that I don’t seem to have so I’m a bit unsure of how to attach the switch. If someone could have a look at their car and advise me that would be great. Thanks!

Andrew
    Cheers,
    Andrew

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDMC View Post
    Hi everyone, I’ve got a bit of a random question I was hoping you could help me with. I’m putting my car, 2883, back together after doing a major service on it. I had the inlet manifold off and took the throttle spool apart for cleaning and lubricating. It’s been a few weeks since I took everything apart and I’ve gone to put the full throttle micro switch back on and there is 2 thin screws that secure it to the bracket holding the throttle spool on. But I can’t remember if there are 2 nuts that go onto the bolts that hold the switch on. Section 2 subsection 3 of the parts manual only shows the switch (item 15) and a securing plate (item 16) that I don’t seem to have so I’m a bit unsure of how to attach the switch. If someone could have a look at their car and advise me that would be great. Thanks!

Andrew
    The small securing plate is threaded, and two 3MM (4mm?) hex head screws go through the switch then through the bracket and into the plate.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Should you have lost the securing plate somehow, you can easily make one.
    Use either steel or aluminium (easier), drill the holes - smaller than the screw - and thread them.

With aluminium be aware not to overtighten the screws as you will destroy the thread.

Sorry for not recollecting the exact thread size, but IIRC it is 4mm (most likely not smaller), so you need to drill 3,5mm or 3.7mm.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

My VIN:    2883

Thanks gents. I must have lost the plate somehow. At least if I can't find it I can get a new one. Thanks for the help.
    Cheers,
    Andrew