FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 619 of 920 FirstFirst ... 119 519 569 609 617 618 619 620 621 629 669 719 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5470

1. Changed out Boxi door struts for Stabilius ones and found they work pretty good.
    2. Got my new steering rack installed, now need to get to the alignment center.
    3. Put an in-line switch under the dash to turn off the interior lights while the door is open for long periods while I'm working on the car.
    4. Found an old CD player from a car I owned a couple years ago and installed it.
    5. Fixed my eyebrows in ~45 mins. Did something different because I couldn't get the low beams out (screws were rusted and stripped). They say necessity is the mother of invention. Will do a write up on this soon.

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Today I finally finished up installing my DPI exhaust on 2072! She's finally running again. And of course as soon as I decide it's time to wash it, it looks like it's going to rain. There's always tomorrow!

My VIN:    03572

Did some rewiring of the engine harness. Since I'm using the GM ignition module which has a 6 amp current limiter, I run without any ignition resistors and hence don't need the relay in the engine compartment. So I made a new branch of the engine harness. It only has 4 wires (two for otterstat and two for backup lights). So that new branch is covered with heat shrink, has new 16 AWG tin plated wire and all new pins. That branch runs to the yellow and red bulkhead connectors which only have 4 pins in each now. The two new coil wires are just 6 inches long so don't run in the new branch.

Now I have to modify the bracket that hold that metal rod where the harness ties onto. I don't need the resistors and I don't use the light switch since I removed the engine work light. Maybe I will make bracket in stainless since they just hold the rod and are very simple.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    3937

I didn't do squat with my car today, but I'm quite certain I'll be watching the original Star Wars trilogy over the next night or two. So long Princess...

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

I had my new DPI exhaust sytem Ceramic coated and picked it up today.

Now I just have to get the courage to install it. I'm afraid i bit off more than i can chew.

I hope everyone has a safe, prosperous and happy new year.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Lenny, If you have any questions just give us a shout.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I had my new DPI exhaust sytem Ceramic coated and picked it up today.

Now I just have to get the courage to install it. I'm afraid i bit off more than i can chew.

I hope everyone has a safe, prosperous and happy new year.
    Nothing to fear! Its a piece of cake. I have Josh's set up and falls right into place!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Nothing to fear! Its a piece of cake. I have Josh's set up and falls right into place!

+1

Installing the new system isn't a concern, removing the old one is - namely, removing the manifold studs. It can be done, just take your sweet ass time.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    +1

Installing the new system isn't a concern, removing the old one is - namely, removing the manifold studs. It can be done, just take your sweet ass time.
    True take your time and let everything soak using PB Blaster and I did that to mine for nearly a month and everything came right off and I was even able to reuse my original studs perfectly fine and it's been on there now for over 3 years with no issues or leaks

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    #4595

I did the DPI Performance Exhaust a few weeks ago and it was pretty easy. This thread has some great instructions if you haven't seen them: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?60...t-Installation Similar to others in the thread, I found I was able to get my crossover pipe out without having to remove the axle shaft assembly which saved a lot of time and headache. Just be very careful...

Page 619 of 920 FirstFirst ... 119 519 569 609 617 618 619 620 621 629 669 719 ... LastLast