FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 922 of 925 FirstFirst ... 422 822 872 912 920 921 922 923 924 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,220 of 9245

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    #4595

Quote Originally Posted by PotooBrigham View Post
    Been attempting to replace my old can barely-see-5-feet-in-front-of-me lights for some Holley Retrobrights, but I think something must be up with one of the sets I bought because no matter which way I plug it in, it comes out dim for the low beams, then completely off for the high beams.
    Did you do the wiring mod that's necessary for H4 lights? Lots of threads on here and a video here - https://youtu.be/LnTgyeRJTME?si=ekEtfJfxrBChppmx

My VIN:    05818

Quote Originally Posted by bueller View Post
    Did you do the wiring mod that's necessary for H4 lights? Lots of threads on here and a video here - https://youtu.be/LnTgyeRJTME?si=ekEtfJfxrBChppmx
    I didn't repin the sockets, but I did get adapters to do the same thing. Unless I have to do both?

My VIN:    03572

I didn't repin the sockets, but I did get adapters to do the same thing. Unless I have to do both?
    Post a photo or the data sheet of you adapters.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Post a photo or the data sheet of you adapters.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KC13WVL

These are the ones I used for the outer Classic white ones.

https://www.holley.com/products/elec...ght/parts/H820

And these came with the Modern white ones.

It should be noted that either bulb works with either plug. As seen with the previous photo, only the Modern white bulbs turn on dim, and even then, they only turned on after modifying the wiring for quad lights.

The stock harness low beam power is the blue/red wire. The stock harness high beam power is the blue/white wire. You can test each of your four lights on one connector to see if a light is at fault.
    Dave M vin 03572

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    The stock harness low beam power is the blue/red wire. The stock harness high beam power is the blue/white wire. You can test each of your four lights on one connector to see if a light is at fault.
    Good news is all my connections are where they oughtta be.

But

I know Holley states their Classic White is a 3000 k bulb, while Modern White is 5700 k. Would that demand more power? They both say 18 V.

I know Holley states their Classic White is a 3000 k bulb, while Modern White is 5700 k. Would that demand more power? They both say 18 V.
    The LED headlights use a switching regulator. So you get the same LED power no matter what voltage they are running. That regulator sets the power but I would think the 3000 K or 5700 K sets the same power.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    7012

The specs on the site indicate it should be the same power for the classic white and modern white.

I would test the bulbs on a bench power supply with 12 volts and see what they're drawing for amperage and what the brightness looks like. I use this one ($60) which is another expense but I find it pretty useful in general for car and project work. I think this type of test would pretty clearly indicate if you have a problem with the bulbs or the wiring though.

For what it's worth, I also installed the 4-light mod, but I ended up unplugging it. It was very challenging to aim all 4 headlights, it was far more bright than I needed, and I felt it was probably blinding other drivers. (That being said, I bought cheap LEDs and lenses on Amazon and I hope the Holley lenses create better beam patterns with a better cutoff). Plus the power usage of all 4 LEDs on low beams was about 25% greater than the power usage of the two outer incandescent bulbs that I bought the car with.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    (That being said, I bought cheap LEDs and lenses on Amazon and I hope the Holley lenses create better beam patterns with a better cutoff)
    They do have a perfect beam pattern. I won't use any other light for my vintage vehicles. with sealed beams. Retrobright units are fantastic!
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    3937

Replaced my steering column assembly to start the season (end the winter really). Noticed late last year that the wire cage had broken around the entire 360 degrees and was now two pieces. Guys mention you can weld them back together, which I may still do, but considering it has to all come out to work on it, I just bought new replacements instead.

Wasn't all that complicated... of course I had a lot of advice and emails back and forth with Dave S. along the way. Much appreciated as always. Lower universal joints and steering shaft from DeLoGO didn't fit unfortunately. Seemed to me like the female ends where the splines fit together weren't machined correctly. There is a flat spot about where the pinch bolt goes through and while this flat spot is fine and in place on the originals, it has to be machined down to the height of the troughs of those splines and not the peaks. This replacement was at the peaks height and wouldn't allow the male ends to go in. So I had to reuse my originals. Live and learn. Some replacement parts are great while others are not.

Got a few drives in and about 150 miles and haven't veered into the rhubarb yet, so I guess it went back together fine

IMG_4068.jpgIMG_4100.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 922 of 925 FirstFirst ... 422 822 872 912 920 921 922 923 924 ... LastLast